2007 Hatch/Trim Trouble

Monkey76

Hello folks, i'm having a bit of hatch trouble with Autodesk Map 3D 2007. I'm trying to hatch a fairly simple area (actually a few but seperately) and i often encounter the "No hatch boundry found" message which i am more than used to and in these cases i will usually just copy the offending articles to blank part of the screen and trim them down to produce a hatch boundary of sorts and this will usually do the trick. however recently when ive done this it will start "Not Responding" and all im asking of it is to trim two intersecting lines, it will often sit there not responding for up to half an hour before settling down and behaving as if nothing has happened. The only thing out of the ordinary maybe that one of the intersecting lines is a Spline or a Polyline, but this would usually cause no issue.

Its turning a job that should take a few minutes into a job that will take all morning.

Does anyone have any idea why the hatch is seeing no boundary when i am positive that all edges connect or intersect and also why it sometimes will pick a boundary a great distance away from what im trying to hatch, and also why it freezes for so long when im apparently asking for a very simple task to be done

Sorry if this is a bit garbled, but if you want anything clarifying just ask.

and in case it helps i am aware of HPGAPTOL and this would not appear to be an issue.

Cheers

Monkey

You might try to pick the boundary set. This defines the area the hatch command looks at. You can find this option in hatch dialog box when you open "more options". It's set to current viewport by default.

• 2 years later...

Answer-1

in autocad type

Command:bpoly

pick point inside-where you want to hatch

then yes

it will create one boundry

go to Command:bh

pick in side-where you want hatch

Answer-2

draw a ploy line boundry acatly-ware you want

the poly line must be closed polygon