stretching solids how??

sceejays

when i draw a frame in 3d solid say 4 sides like a picture frame i cant stretch it to say 500 x 600 it goes all over the place any suggestions anyone??

many thanks in advance sceejays:cry:

A simple solid (rectangle, triangle, square, circle) Id just redraw

For more complex ones, Id either copy the thing over and union together or use the EXTRUDE FACE command

A simple solid (rectangle, triangle, square, circle) Id just redraw

For more complex ones, Id either copy the thing over and union together or use the EXTRUDE FACE command

Sometimes scale will change the size.

• 7 years later...

3D Solid STRETCH is possible , not the exact equivalent to 2d stretch but very powerful also:

1. CTRL + selection of face or multiple faces

2. Selection by clicking into individual faces or by blue selection (window or lasso)

3. Selection will be valid until each individual solid/face generates the RED POINT

4. Once faces are selected correctly, you may select one of the red points as base and stretch (also named Extend (but is not the 2d extend))

If CTRL selection doesn't work is because the 3d solid has presspull history and you may deactivate the Geometry history.

• 1 year later...

I wrote a LISP program that 3D stretching can. With the video I show how it works. You can buy the LISP for 15 dollars in AutoCAD shop with instructions on how you have to install it. Sorry, the instructions are only in German with PrintScreens.

Edited by mbaechler

A little light on useful information don't you think? Care to elaborate? Tell us why it would be in our best interest clicking on that link and what your connection, if any, is to it.

The link shows an example of a new stretching Icon that this man seems to have created: A hazzle free 3d stretching command. Thanks mbaechler, Awesome.

With the video I show how it works.

Why did you post a link to the video and then remove the video? :unsure:

Also, you replied to a question from nearly 9 years ago. Please don't dig up old posts just to promote your lisp routine.

video.jpg