Can't rename block

PeterV

This is probably very simple, but I need to change the name of a block I created. It won't let me do it in the properties or within the block edit command, that I can find. Normally in this situation, I would explode the object and block it again giving it an new name. I've grown tired of doing this and need a solution!

Guest Alan Cullen

whoa.....Steve.....you are a real champion......you have earnt the right to have another crack at the question......

WHAT is your favourite colour?

whoa.....Steve.....you are a real champion......you have earnt the right to have another crack at the question......

WHAT is your favourite colour?

I need rename on my right-click menu, a few engineers here like to use "paste as block" and gives the block a funny ACAD name so I rename them all and set colour to "by layer".

My favourite colour is RED, because my favorite baseball (rounders) team's color is RED.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
I need rename on my right-click menu, a few engineers here like to use "paste as block" and gives the block a funny ACAD name so I rename them all and set colour to "by layer".

My favourite colour is RED, because my favorite baseball (rounders) team's color is RED.

Thank you, red is my color...good tip for_rename