Batch Plotting in AutoCad 2007

PC Digital

How does one batch Plot in 2007? I have around 100 drwgs to plot and I thought that 07 would have this option already built in. Is there a lisp I can add or some other program that I can download (preferrably free). Appreciate any assistance.

type SSM to bring up the Sheet Set Manager. this will allow you to import and plot multiple DWG files. use the PUBLISH command to plot multiple Layout tabs in a single DWG file.

you can access the Help menu for tutorials on how to use the Sheet Set Manager. go to Help > New Features Workshop to learn how. Hope this helps. :wink:

there are two ways to batch plot.

One is the way I showed Alan

The other is a way you can do it without even opening an autocad drawing. However, I can't help you on this one.

It's the method I was talking of in my reply to Alan. It's the one I couldn't follow

Although there is nothing wrong with using Sheet Set Manager, you don't have to do this step. Simply run the ._PUBLISH command and add the drawings/layouts that you want to plot and unleash it.

Make sure to DISABLE background publishing before you start, unless you have a few hours to wait.

Although there is nothing wrong with using Sheet Set Manager, you don't have to do this step. Simply run the ._PUBLISH command and add the drawings/layouts that you want to plot and unleash it.

Make sure to DISABLE background publishing before you start, unless you have a few hours to wait.

I thought you want to enable background publishing, so you can still be able to work while it plots, right? or am I mistaken?

I thought you want to enable background publishing, so you can still be able to work while it plots, right? or am I mistaken?

As long as you have plenty of time and you don't care how long it takes... :-)

It's much faster to open a second session of AutoCAD and work in it while the other session is publishing in the foreground...

It's something on the order of 10X slower when background pub is turned on. Lots of discussion on this in the adsk newsgroups when 2006 came out

ah, never thought of opening another session of AutoCAD. I would think this could cripple overall performance in both software and hardware.... but I use the PUBLISH command all the time, and while it does take awhile because it basically spools everything first, then sends it to the plotter. so yeah, if you have tons of sheets, the foreground is definitely better.

Success! I was able to run /plot everything smoothly and I am now typing a "How to...", thanks again for everyones assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

How do you disable the background so that it will work???

How do you disable the background so that it will work???

type OPTIONS at the command line, then go to the Plot & Publish tab. on the left you will see two checkboxes under the "Background Processing Options" heading... make the settings as you please. :wink:

• 1 year later...

what really the problem? in the background processing options if you check iether plotting or publishing it doesn't work. I always prefered to plot without publishing, so I can continue my work while printing. Is there any problem on our printer or the configuration(PC3) on plotter manager we should created? As of now we don't have PC3 configuration.