Exporting from Google SketchUp to Acad

marmik

i am using google sketchup6 and i want to convert the perspective to dwg in autocad 2000 so that i can edit etc.

i can save the perspective as bmp . can this be converted to dwg.

i am using google sketchup6 and i want to convert the perspective to dwg in autocad 2000 so that i can edit etc.

i can save the perspective as bmp . can this be converted to dwg.

Hi Marmik, no really easy way to convert a bmp to a dwg. What I would do since you are using the free SketchUp is to download and install the 8 hour demo version of SketchUp Pro. Draw and design in the free sketchup and then open your file in Pro and use it's export to dwg feature and then close it down. You should use a minute or 2 for this and still have plently of time let for exporting later on. Good luck and let me know if you need furtur help on this :)

Google the web and find yourself a copy of the freeware called Wintopo. Be careful to down load the free version and not the Professional (expemsive) one.

Install it; open it; load your bmp file, and use the one-button conversion function. If I remember right, you can convert it to a DXF, which A-Cad can easily open. Voila!!

Good luck; let us know how it went.

Well...yes that works but why not just skip the raster format all together? I would and that's why I said to download the 8 hour SketchUp Pro demo and use it to export SketchUp models to DWG format. Going from vector to raster and then back to vector just doesn't seem like the best route to me. It only takes a minute or 2 to open and then export and then close. Only use the pro version for this and it should last a long time ;) Good luck

thank you for your advice .I will also try that if you think thats better

mike.

Well, yes, I do. Why use a raster format as a go-between when going from Vector to vector? I've done what you are wanting hundrends of times and it will work better for you. You are wanting to take a perspective SU image out of SU and place it in Acad, correct?

• 2 years later...

Hello!!!!

Ihave a problem exporting from sketchup pro7 to AutoCAD 2009 .

In the 2D export window in sketchup I can not choose AutoCAD or DWG in the export type field . Please help me and tell me what to do?!!!!! I really need it .:(

Hello!!!!

Ihave a problem exporting from sketchup pro7 to AutoCAD 2009 .

In the 2D export window in sketchup I can not choose AutoCAD or DWG in the export type field . Please help me and tell me what to do?!!!!! I really need it .:(

Do you have the free version or the Pro version? Only the Pro version can export dwg, sorry.

There is a work around. DoubleCAD XT (free cad program) can open .skp (sketchup files) and export .dwg.

Good luck