Drawing bugs

soulcube

Hi, wondering if any one has come across same bugs that are appearing every day on my drawings.They are light brown crosses , different sizes - and are scattered around my drawings. They are nothing to do with blipmode i have tried. Has anyone get any ideas on how to get rid? If I get a number of them in one area, its hard to see my work. You cant click on them and they dont plot out.cheers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• soulcube

• Lazer

• phillion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it only in a few drawings?..i'm guessing it's blipmode set to something other then zero so any points/nodes will show as either x's, t's etc...you may also need to work with blipsize...

Copy and paste the drawing to a new drawing that may leave the bugs out.

Purge the drawing.

Has the drawing got lots of layers, turn then all off then turn one on at a time till to find the layer that has the bugs.

The best thing to do in these situations is post your drawing, or at least a part of it, so we can take a look. It could be any number of things. Posting your drawing will save everyone from guessing at what it could be and we can get you back on track much quicker.

Having said that, my guess is that the objects are on the Defpoints layer and layer 0 is frozen. If that's the case, Thaw layer 0 and you should be able to select the crosses.

Or just Freeze the Defpoints layer.

This post is a good one as I had bugs in a drawing I received a few days ago, when I zoomed in the vanished I ended up just copy and pasting into a new drawing after 10 min's of failed attempts to fix it, I will also post the drawing (monday, it's at work) for you guys to look at.

Maybe even xref data that got confused.

Many thanks for all replies - I'm not back at work until monday and its only my work computer that it occurs on . I had the same bug whan i used to use LT2000 at my last job and now on Acad2008.

Purge does not do anything, i dont think its a graphics card error - its definately acad putting the marks there.

I will post a pic asap

thanks

Like I said before, you really need to post the drawing so we can take a look. Did you check into the "defpoints" and "layer 0" theory I suggested?

Also, PDMODE should not be moving your drawing. PDMODE and PDSIZE only affect how points are displayed.

You got me thinking so i opened drawing on my collegues computer.

They disappear if you shut down the drawing and re-open. Thus i dont think they would appear if i post it on the forum.

I havent noticed this before as new crosses appear on any drawing i work on as soon as it opens.

They dont seem to appear on my collegues computer with my drawings.

I understand a bit more now - but still dont know whats causing it.