Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• soulcube

• Lazer

• phillion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Alan Cullen

Yeah, disregard all previous experiences, accept it never happened, and go back to your KFC. :x

Okay......too much Ted for me.........but at least I tried. :lol: :twisted: o:)

Seriously, read the thread. If that doesn't give you a clue, then you have a real problem.

In that case it is most likely your graphics card or your settings under Options>System.

Ordinarily that would be caused by PDMODE, but in the original posters problem, it could not be fixed on his computer, but went away on a co-workers computer. If this is your co-worker's case as well, then the problem is with the co-worker's computer. As I mentioned earlier seems like a graphics card issue, but in retrospect, I also would mention that you need to make sure you have all Service Packs and Updates installed as well as the latest Hardware Certification Database.

If you would provide the Computer and graphics card specs, perhaps more can be fortold of your co-workers problem.

Guest Alan Cullen

Hey AGM,

I notice lately you are right into the latest service pack. Did you get told off. :lol:

"What is your problem?"

"sorry sir, I do not have the latest Service Pack installed" :(

"Install it, all your problems will be overcome."

"AGM said so". :P

Hey AGM,

I notice lately you are right into the latest service pack. Did you get told off. :lol:

"What is your problem?"

"sorry sir, I do not have the latest Service Pack installed" :(

"Install it, all your problems will be overcome."

"AGM said so". :P

No, after some lengthy posts I have discovered that a lot of problems being mentioned have been solved by Autodesk with Service Packs and updates. Just figure I could cut a few posts short and solve some problems by advising people to get the latest and greatest available. :D

Believe it or not, Autodesk does work at getting their software problems solved. :?

If they are still having problems that other users are not having after installing the latest , then it is time to start digging in on their problem. :thumbsup:

Guest Alan Cullen

*hand raised* please sir

"yes young Alan"

"my default path on my input drawing block will not default to my current drawing folder."

"buggar off you little shit"

so much for the latest and greatest

*hand raised* please sir

"yes young Alan"

"my default path on my input drawing block will not default to my current drawing folder."

"buggar off you little shit"

so much for the latest and greatest

Noted:

I am still thinking on that one Alan. Why not use the Design Center for such things?

Yeah, disregard all previous experiences, accept it never happened, and go back to your KFC. :x

Okay......too much Ted for me.........but at least I tried. :lol: :twisted: o:)

Seriously, read the thread. If that doesn't give you a clue, then you have a real problem.

Hmm, if this is a reply to my post of quote "One of my colleagues is also experiencing this problem - is there any more info on it?"

May be what I should have said was:

One of my colleagues is also experiencing this problem - is there any more info on it because we have tried all the suggestions in the topic (previous to my original post) but with no success.

But after reading the last few posts I will get my colleague to check for updates etc and we'll see what happens.

BTW the KFC was lovely:wink: :lol:

• 5 months later...

Good day,

I've got a new machine at work and I am having this same problem.

Has anybody found away to get rid of these lines?

They go away after a regen, but I'd rather not have to do it every other input.

I'm using Windows XP Pro. Service pack 2

Intel core 2 Duo

3G of Ram.

with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700 video card.

I am having this same problem.

Has anybody found away to get rid of these lines?

They go away after a regen,

Will someone please post a file (just for fun).

I've seen this before but can't remember the cause/solution.

Inventor 09 has just been put on my desk. So I'll be upgrading.

But in AutoCAD 2007 what happended to me looks the same in one of the previous pictures posted.

Thanks again.

So in all of these cases, everyone tried setting PDMODE to 0, right?

And how about as a long shot for some of these cases, set BLIPMODE to OFF.

As has been said many times, for these problems, if you have tried all the suggested responses, please upload your drawing for others to check.

Thanks.

It doesn't seem to happen in AutoCAD 2009 on the same drawing.

so I won't be able to load a screen capture.

With 2007 my PDMODE was 0, and they where still there.

The "bugs " appeared to be left over from a polar snap marker/cross.

probably BLIPMODE. In 2009 turn BLIPMODE on and see if it gives you the same 'bugs' that basically mark where you have clicked until you regen.

I turned BLIPMODE on in 2009.

It didn’t leave the same marks.

But would leave some markings left behind after I would delete a line, but as soon as I would zoom in to get a closer look, the image would refresh and the lines would go away.

Before in 2007, on my new machine (they didnt appear on my old machine at all) the mystery lines would come without deleting a line, as previously posted they seemed to be the ghost of a polar snap cross/marker. and they stayed even when I zoomed in or out.

Will someone please post a file (just for fun).

I've seen this before but can't remember the cause/solution.

Here ya go, A few bugs I found

The Autocad file shows a bug in the circle red (second picture down), if you type B enter you see the blocks, however they are hidden in the drawing, I think this drawing was done in Solid Edge then exported to Autocad, we can see the blocks in Inventor as shown (as balloons)

Test.dwg

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled3.jpg

• 3 months later...

I've had these same "ghost spots" in this one drawing in particular for some time. It seems to be attached to the seal block. I erased the seal; the spots were left behind. Then, I reinserted the seal block again; now the spots are in 2 locations. They aren't inhibiting my drawing in any way - They are, however, driving my OCD personality crazy. :glare:

I've tried the Blipmode & pdmode... no luck. I've tried to edit the block... no luck. Can't grab them, can't regen them away. If I zoom in they'll go away (or get smaller) They don't print out - Thank God. They just drive me nuts.

PHANTOM SPOTS.jpg

Find out what layer they are on by turning off and on each layer one by one, onve you know the layer they are on type LAYDEL and hit enter then type N (for name) and a new menu pops up, delete the layer they are on, that should get rid of them.