Can I import data from excel to a AutoCAD table? Ver 2007.

muck

Subject: Can I import data from excel to an AutoCAD table? Ver 2007.

I noticed that you can export a AutoCAD table to a *.csv file using the tableexport command. The *.csv file opens up excel when I double

click on it. Can a person import a Excel file back to an AutoCAD table

and do reverse the process?

Thank you,

When you go to Draw>Table you have the option under "Insert options" "From a data link" select that. In the dropdown window, choose an already created data link or create one.

• 3 years later...
Guest balajibth84

Hai here balaji......Actually we are using table format...this table material having weight ,height values..So i want export that material name and with values to excel format....Hw to export..Plz send a mail to me on balajibth84@yahoo.co.in....i am waiting for your hope ful reply.........................

SLW210, has provided the simplest solution.

It may not provide you the customization you might want. One could develop a custom routine, but that requires (substantial?) code to import the Excel library types, in order to access the msxl-*, vlxls-*, and jxcl-* functions. Once you've done that, proceed with (vlax-get-or-create-object "Excel.Application"), and you're on your way (like I said, no small task!).

Hai here balaji......Actually we are using table format...this table material having weight ,height values..So i want export that material name and with values to excel format....Hw to export..Plz send a mail to me on balajibth84@yahoo.co.in....i am waiting for your hope ful reply.........................

AutoCAD 2007, plain vanilla version, had the Tableexport command. This allows the user to export data from a table object in CSV file format which I believe Excel can access. Consult your Help files for more information.

Guest balajibth84

Hai,

I dont want want csv format...Because while we are preparing(In cad 2007) table its having so many columns...Like we are taking one material means we want to mention that material weight,length,capacity..Etc in that horizondal of material name...So next material we want to mentioned in below of horizontal line.....so i want to export that total table to excel.then only i will see the correct material combination detail...i want lisp for this export..i am using cad 2007...I think u r understand now....for u r reference here i have attached the sample table dwg file.....Can u prepare lisp for this????

TableExport.dwg

Guest balajibth84
I'm not sure I know what you are asking.

Are you asking if there is a lisp routine that will do this for you?

Hai,I feel Lisp is better....For the Dwg table Export to Excel format...We are always using lisp(Command is beter)......here i have attached the dwg also for u r testing purpose..Just we want to export the dwg selected table to excel format....

The drawing you posted (TableExport.dwg) does not contain a "table" as defined by AutoCAD. What you have is a series of lines and text assembled to look like a table. If it were a true table AutoCAD would list it as Acad_Table. Something like this:

ACAD_TABLE Layer: "Data"

Space: Model space

Handle = e9305

Position: X= 24939.510915, Y= 18041.810603, Z= 0.000000

Normal: X= 0.000000, Y= 0.000000, Z= 1.000000

Horizontal Dir: X= 1.000000, Y= 0.000000, Z= 0.000000

Number of columns: 4

Number of rows: 14

Table Style: Standard

Guest balajibth84

OK mr.ramark.......so as per that dwg we can possible to export that combination(Like that PLT8THK. means 1239.60,PLT10THK. means 75.96) to excel format....?????please give the suggestion ...how to easily move this data to excel..?????Just i want export with that horizontal combination....Or In *Csv* we can possible to create with this exact as it is combination???????? i am waiting for your hopeful reply..........thanks in advance........

Guest balajibth84

While i am using insert options Comand in Cad 2007..There is no option for Xls link..There only availble dwg and Dxf....So how can we import the Excel table to dwg?

Guest balajibth84
I'm not sure I know what you are asking.

Are you asking if there is a lisp routine that will do this for you?

Not understand???????ohhhhh......I want Export the ""Dwg table to Excel format"" or "I want import the Excel Table to Dwg"..Any one is ok.......Just i want to use the excel for the calculation purpose and BOM table....For this excel Excel is better..So only i am asking this.................We are always using lisp(Command is beter)......

balajibth84:

I've answered your questions about getting a table and a table-like entity from AutoCAD to Excel in the other post where you have asked the same basic questions. I am not going to repeat the same information here.

And to repeat, from Excel to AutoCAD 2007......You can embed the spreadsheet as an OLE object.

I've answered your questions about getting a table and a table-like entity from AutoCAD to Excel in the other post where you have asked the same basic questions. I am not going to repeat the same information here.

... You can only lead a horse to water, my friend.

You can embed the spreadsheet as an OLE object.

Edit > Paste Special > Paste Link ... is my friend.

You can only lead a horse to water, my friend....but you can't rip his lips off.

Sometimes I feel like I should have been a dentist!