Autocad 2008 - Multileader Text Styles

nycadguy

I have set up Multileader styles for adding text. I have it set up so that if you pull the leader to the right, the landing centers on the top line of the mtext block and to the center of the bottom line of the block if you pull it to the left. The problem with the one to the left is that the landing stops at the "boundary" of the text block rather than just short of the text. So, if the text on the bottom line isn't sticking out farther than the rest of the text lines, there's a large gap between the text and the leader landing.

Does anyone know of a setting to fix this problem?

there's a postit note on my monitor with DIMTAD=0 written on it - it was for LT98 and I can't remember what it does, but I know it was to do with the way the leaders displayed for the job I was doing at the time

Type: Integer

Saved in: Drawing

Initial value: 0

Controls the vertical position of text in relation to the dimension line.

0 Centers the dimension text between the extension lines.

1 Places the dimension text above the dimension line except when the dimension line is not horizontal and text inside the extension lines is forced horizontal ( DIMTIH = 1). The distance from the dimension line to the baseline of the lowest line of text is the current DIMGAP value.

2 Places the dimension text on the side of the dimension line farthest away from the defining points.

3 Places the dimension text to conform to Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS).

If you use a three point leader you can modify the horizontal portion of the leader after placement to be closer to the text.

I don't think there is an automatic fix, although... you maybe could create a reactor to check for this when you create, or modify text associated with a leader. Not an easy task, and I don't know if you can extract a single row of text from with in an Mtext entity?

Due to the standard look of the drawings it needs to be aligned to the left. I've looked in the mleader properties menu and style menus but I don't see any way to extend that line over to the text.

it IS extended to the text - that's the problem

it would look all wrong if it came underneath your top text line

imagine your text with a box around it (or I think there's an option whereby you can have that box visible)

if you want your line to come to the bottom line of text, rephrase your label :wink:

the other problem I've seen crop up is that the text justification is set by the end point of the leader, so when you stretch a leader from one side of the drawing to another, the justification of the text forces the text to overwrite part of the leader itself - which is what I was expecting this thread to be about

What's wrong with having the text on this side of the drawing justified to the right?

maybe you need to see if there's a function to 'FIT' the text to the invisible box?

Yes, you can use the old QLEADER command, with alias LE (in my acad). Then you can use grip points to adjust the leader without moving the text. However, if you move the text, the leader will follow. Quite practical.

QLEADER.jpg

QLEADER.dwg

And if Mleader can't do that for you?

You have to find a way to get the job done, right?

I think Qleader + grips is a better solution than Mleader + eXplode.

• 1 year later...

I've run into this same issue. I would prefer to just have it right-justified when the leader is to the right, however my engineers are a little picky and always want the text always left-justified.