isometric drawing

jowie

i'm having difficulty recalling on drawing a plan in ISOMETRIC view. I have already a floor plan and elevations.

I hope someone can teach me. I appreciate if you could send me some samples. thanks in advance.

to set up your isometric drawing view, type DSETTINGS at the command line, and go to the Snap & Grid tab. Under Snap Type select Isometric Snap. then go to your Polar Tracking tab and set it to 30 degrees.

then if you want to change the perspective of your crosshair, hit the F5 key. That should be enough to get you going. :wink:

i'm having difficulty recalling on drawing a plan in ISOMETRIC view. I have already a floor plan and elevations.

I hope someone can teach me. I appreciate if you could send me some samples. thanks in advance.

are you creating a 3D model?

but how about if i want to create an isometric plan using my existing floor plan and elevations. how should i set up my drawings so that i could track the same details and dimensions (i.e. height & openings of windows, doors, etc,).

hope you understand my question.

• 5 months later...
Maybe you can create the whole floor plan and when you're done just change the view by using the Views toolbar.

Not the same thing.

Why did you drag up a thread that is 6 months old? Hopefully the OP found out long ago that your method doesn't work and has worked out the correct method.

Isometric grid.

Ortho not polar tracking.

F5 to cycle between "planes".

Use direct distance entry (not offset).

Ellipse isocircle for arcs.

Use Aligned dimensions.

Edit dimesions for oblique angle 30° or -30°.

Or make you life easier and learn 3D modeling.

Isometric grid.

Ortho not polar tracking.

F5 to cycle between "planes".

Use direct distance entry (not offset).

Ellipse isocircle for arcs.

Edit dimesions for oblique angle 30° or -30°.

Or make you life easier and learn 3D modeling.

That is the only way to do it really, but why mess around with isometric in 2D?? waste of time really, or am I missing something??

• 1 year later...

Offset is probably a command you should stay away from in a 2D isometric drawing. I'd use the copy command.

Consider drawing your isometrics in the 3D world. It's much easier as far as I'm concerned as one can manipulate the UCS. When it comes time to print select the appropriate isometric view.

I'm having difficulty recalling on drawing a plan in ISOMETRIC view. I have already a floor plan and elevations.

Start by watching an excellent video tutorial. Chapter 40 - Isometric.

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/course/48-568/2DVideosWEB_files/frame.htm

Consider drawing your isometrics in the 3D world. It's much easier as far as I'm concerned as one can manipulate the UCS. When it comes time to print select the appropriate isometric view.

I agree... I don't know anyone who draws ISO anymore. It's just not practical with today's apps...

KC

WOW! I did not notice this was such and old thread ReMark

good morning! i have a follow-up question to this topic see im just trying to learn 3d so my first step is to draw in isometric(w/c i know is not real 3d). my question is this what can i do to make my dimensions in the same plane as the objects im trying to measure. i tried the ALIGNED button but that's not the result im trying to produce.thanks a lot!