reset autocad

DavidB

i have a nice pack of small problem at work and i think they are all link to one thing. the previous guys. Not that my workflow is better but diferent. so i would like to reset autocad to its original state without reinstalling.

In 3ds max i had only to junk a file name 3dsmax.ini. is there an equivalent in autocad? or some special step require, like leaving you pc 3 night under a full moon .

okay i feel like a complete idiot here but i couldnt find the answer.

Maybe i have sh*t in my eye but i saw nothing. and yes i tried the "search" so unless there a special name for the process other than "reset" well the other conclusion is;or i'm blind or i'm an idiot. both way arent very interesting :D

If you mean your workspace - click on pull down menu 'window' then select 'workspaces' then select 'autoCAD Default'

I would probably make sure you save the existing one just in case.. !! :D

• 2 years later...

Hi Everyone,

I’m a new member of this forum..

I don’t know if I got the same problem but i also end up the conclusion to reset my CAD program.

I’m using CAD 2010. I have a customized workspace based from the AutoCAD classic setting.

These are the functions that are not working in my CAD:

1. “Layers” toolbar (mini window) is freeze and won’t change to the assigned layer when I hit lines. Same thing with the “Properties” toolbar (mini window) won’t change also to each assigned layer and color. However drop down arrows are fine.

2. “Viewport” toolbar (mini window) is freeze, it doesn’t give the assigned viewport scale every time I hit or switch my viewport to model.

3. Double click editing for block objects won’t work even “Double click editing” in User Preferences @ “Options” is check. Only Edit Reference In-Place tool is working.

I remember the last move I did was I copied detail from my old file in my old work to my current drawing then few minutes after I got this functions paralyzed. I don’t know if that one causes the problem.

I tried to reset my profile back to vanilla @ Options as I read from the forum, everything was back to default except these problem.

Generally, I can still continue working even without these functions but it annoys me so much and my working speed was already affected especially that I am just the only one working CAD guy in our office.

Any opinions and solutions would be very much appreciated…

God Bless,

Dan

Welcome to the CADTutor forum Dan.

You somehow managed to dig up a thread from 2007.

Normally we would ask that new questions be posted separately and not tacked onto another person's thread.

But since your here let's see if we can solve your problem.

I think that perhaps you should run the REPAIR option (found under Add/Remove programs). Do NOT uninstall then reinstall AutoCAD at least not yet.