Set up Drawing Board VI

jc6688

Hi, I just bought a GTCO Calcomp Drawing Board VI. I tried to set up but so far I can only use it like a mouse. I am working with AutoCAD 2007. In Tablet Works Control Panel, I set it to both Mouse and Wintab. The Drawing Board come with a wireless Stylus Pen. I did configure the tablet but I couldn't turn Tablet ON since it requires Calibration digitizer. Can anyone help? Thank you so much.

DB VI requires a WinTab driver to work with AutoCAD. I'm actually running a DBII using AutoCAD 2007. Are you saying you cannot calibrate the tablet using the stylus?

Basically, I don't use mapping. What I do daily is 2D CAD only. The AutoCAD original menu sheet is used. After configuring the tablet, my screen area can only access a portion of drawing. I am not sure if calibrating wrong. The driver comes with the tablet. Should I download it somewhere else?

Try using "Configure" rather than "Calibrate". Calibrate is used for digitizing. Configure will map the digitizer boundaries relative to the menu sheet and define the actual drawing area. This option allows you to pick commands directly off the tablet.

• 5 years later...

dear ReMark,

i have bought a draving board VI and I need to use it with Autocad 2012. But I don't know were to start. Someone has told me that i don't have to install windows drivers because the DB VI could be recognized as a simple mouse; in fact after installation if i go in autocad to the voice tablet it doesn't switch "on" and the message is that i can't use it the current device as tablet. I think this means that is recognized as a simple mouse. how can i let the tablet be recognized by Autocad? how to configure the right working area?

Please help me as soon as possible...I'm in a **** sea.......

I stopped using my tablet back in 2010.

Did you download Tabletworks via the link in the post previous to yours?

What version of Windows are you running?

I stopped using my tablet back in 2010.

Did you download Tabletworks via the link in the post previous to yours?

What version of Windows are you running?

windows 7 is the version i use now ,but could be possible to use xp if needed.

About the software i've just downloaded.

• 1 month later...

Dear friend,:cry:

finally i've received my DB VI today so i've installed vtablet software.

THe software starts but i don't understand nothing. In the sense....

there are 2 windows about clipping and cropping. in cropping i can see the screen resolution that corresponds to my screen resolution in windows7. if i click in the left down corner the harrow on the screen, goes on windows icon where was start button in windows xp. if i click in the corner right up it goes in a certain point of the screen. instead when i goes in clipping window, i'm able to define the area of my DB VI using pick button and going on two opposite corners (down-left----up-right). It seems ok but when i goes in autocad and create a line it isn't the dimension i need.in plus if i zoom in or out and draw again the same line it has different dimensions depending of zoom! Strange for me.

I'm also able to configure the tablet in autocad but isn't good for me because when i close it the values disappear and i have to make all again....

i need this tablet to digitalize 1000 shapes and i don't know how to.

Please if you can help me...

thanks a lor for your interest.

Giampiero.

If you are using the tablet to digitize a drawing then you must calibrate it not configure it. They are two very different procedures. When a tablet is calibrated for digitizing purposes the user is instructed to first click on the lower left hand corner of the tablet and then input the coordinates one wants to use. I always made that corner 10,10. Then the user is instructed to click on the upper right hand corner of the tablet and input coordinates for it. I had a 12x12 tablet so my upper right hand corner had coordinates of 22,22. Now you are ready to use the tablet. Tape your drawing to the tablet and trace over it using the line or pline command. You'll have to use the Tablet On/Off function key (F10?) to enable you to temporarily use the puck like a mouse to select a command (ex. - erase) off the Ribbon.