Annotative Text

johnengineer

Just got 2008 and wanted to learn the new annotative feature. I have text which I would like to appear at 3/32" on paper space. I have two viewports one at 1/8 scale and the other at 1/4 scale. How do I apply this new feature?

Just got 2008 and wanted to learn the new annotative feature. I have text which I would like to appear at 3/32" on paper space. I have two viewports one at 1/8 scale and the other at 1/4 scale. How do I apply this new feature?

Go here: http://heidihewett.blogs.com/my_weblog/annotation/index.html

Scroll down towards the bottom till you get to Annotation 101 and work upward till the last one which is Annotation 106. those six blogs are perfect tutorials to handle Automatic Annotation scaling in AutoCAD 2008. 8)

• 2 years later...

Take two, tried this with a link first time, no go and lost everything. I'll be sure to copy before submitting!

I was having trouble with annotative text--think I got it now and I won't go back. Lots of searches until I found StykeFace's link above. It was a great help. Then headed to some Autodesk videos and found one in the year 2008. It's called "New Annotative Scaling" and it's great.

This video helped me with my problem trying to get annotative text to show up where I wanted it.

The easy fix is that you can move the text (maybe anything, too) in it's corresponding viewport. Can't do it in Model as far as I discovered. But it's perfect in the viewport--just grab the grip and move. Could also adjust the text box size.

Thanks for all the help I've found on this forum--you folks really are great. I search here first, before anywhere else.

I know this is an old thread, but if my info can help someone else, I figured it was worth registering and posting.