• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GE13579

• ReMark

• XBR1

• CADken

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK I'm back from my trip to the dark side (customization) where potions and magic spells rule the day!

Success! I followed the directions as outlined in the link to the blog I posted yesterday. I made one very minor change. I inserted an extra ^C in my macro. Now when I press F1 nothing happens. It's like the Seinfield show. A show about nothing. How happy I am knowing that by pressing F1 I do absolutely nothing! It's a miracle! LOL

OK I'm back from my trip to the dark side

:shock: I thought you were from the dark side ReMark!!! :)

I'm afraid I've tried the extra steps shown on your link but to no avail- it's pretty much the same as I'd already tried with the addition of renaming the key and deleting the description.

Below is a screen print of the error message-

F1 Issue1.JPG

Did you edit the correct cui file? You do know there is more than one right?

It looks like you have a corrupt help file (acad172.chm). Did you try to locate that file?

Did you edit the correct cui file? You do know there is more than one right?

It looks like you have a corrupt help file (acad172.chm). Did you try to locate that file?

Hmmmm didn't know there were more than 1 CUI file? I access it by CUI command in ACAD- is there a way to access other CUI files?

Will have a look at acad172.chm and let you know...

Duh! Major brain freeze. That's right, you did mention going throught the CUI editor. I forgot. Sorry.

Just curious whether you have the help file. You editted the cui file and instead of getting no response (as expected) when you press the F1 key you get the error message (unexpected).

Can I change my F1 key back to Help now? I already miss it.

Lol no worries ReMark!

I've just removed the button (F1 Revamp) and the help menu loads as per the default F1 setting, so nothing's been removed at all- just the macro doesn't seem to work right... :?

Can I change my F1 key back to Help now? I already miss it.

Lol yeal I might just bring up the help file when I start and bring the ACAD window over it- at least it'll be covered that way :)

Perhaps Autodesk just don't like people keeping their F1 keys and are looking for ways to make people rip the keys off their keyboard??? :o

Remapping the F1 key in Mech 2009 should be just as straight-forward for you as it was for me in vanilla 2009. I don't understand how we could get two different results following the same set of instructions. Did you do this with your eyes open or closed?:lol:

Remapping the F1 key in Mech 2009 should be just as straight-forward for you as it was for me in vanilla 2009. I don't understand how we could get two different results following the same set of instructions. Did you do this with your eyes open or closed?:lol:

Hahaha I think they were open...

It's the same for me with Vanilla- I get the same message! GRRRRRRRRR!!!! :x