Labeling line bearings

GhostRider

Not sure I can explain what I would like to do clearly but I'll give it a try....

I am doing a few simple plot plans and I would like to find simpler way to place the bearings of the property lines just by clicking on them or the ends of each line like I do for their length. I just use a Aligned dimension with everything turned off except the text so that is parrellel with the lot line.

There is probably a simple solution I'm just not finding one, I cut and past the text out of the quickcalc now and rotate it, and I know there's a better way.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

THANK YOU !!!

That routine is 10 times more than I needed but all the options in it are cool. It is perfect for what I need.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm trying to get the routine "lbl2.lsp" for use in Civil 3D 2009, but I'm not sure how to use it, or if it will even work! Also, when I click on the link, I get a vbulletin message, saying I'm not logged in. I AM logged in. I just registered. But, I log in again, and I get a vbulletin message saying I'm not logged in . . . I'm new at this forum, so if there's a secret handshake, or something . . .

I'm trying to get the routine "lbl2.lsp" for use in Civil 3D 2009, but I'm not sure how to use it, or if it will even work! Also, when I click on the link, I get a vbulletin message, saying I'm not logged in. I AM logged in. I just registered. But, I log in again, and I get a vbulletin message saying I'm not logged in . . . I'm new at this forum, so if there's a secret handshake, or something . . .

Are you blocking cookies?

Well when you get your download problem solve and unzip the file you notice there is a text file named LBL2.txt. Open it using Notepad. Read the contents. It tells you to create a directory (i.e. - a folder) and place the files there. It also tells you to make sure this folder is included in AutoCAD"s support file search path. You can do this in AutoCAD by going to Tools > Options > Files and Folders. It also tells you how to load the lisp routine as well.

Re-log in and click the Remember Me check box. You are probably using internet explorer. There is a known issue with IE 7 & above conflicting with the forum software. Whenever you open a post containing a code window or certain types of attached files, IE switches to compatability mode. For some reason this can log you off. If you check remember me, it will not log you off.

• 2 years later...

This is excellent post. man ohh man how things are 4+ yrs old and still come in handy.

If only there was one of these create alignment stations. I wish I had Civil3D

This is excellent post. man ohh man how things are 4+ yrs old and still come in handy.

If only there was one of these create alignment stations. I wish I had Civil3D

Have you seen these?

I have followed all steps per instructions up to the load command. When I point to my folder it says it is empty. It isn't because I can see all of the files on a search. The "files of type" option says it is looking for .shx files and the drop down does not have any other options. Is this the problem? Thanks.

I know this may sound stupid to ask but did you extract the necessary file(s) from the zip file and place it/them in the search path for Civil 3D?

I know this may sound stupid to ask but did you extract the necessary file(s) from the zip file and place it/them in the search path for Civil 3D?

I opened the file in notepad, placed the 9 files into a new folder and put the destination in "options\files\support file search path". Is there another spot it should be in?

It's been a while since I looked at the contents of the zip file. Hold on...I'll go have a peek.

I'll be back.8)

OK...I had a look.Nothing out of the ordinary. Did you try shutting down and restarting Civil 3D?

I apologize for taking so long to answer but I have been trying all kinds of different things to get this to work. Finally went back to square one and got it to work. "It's in the details" is a statement that I will put over my desk now. I wasn't using the parentheses around load"lbl2":oops: Thanks again and hope I didn't take up too much of your time.

Ahhhh......sometimes it is the obvious little things we oft overlook.

Glad to hear you got it squared away (good job!) and thank you for updating us. :)

• 6 years later...