quick select and grips

motee-z

Hello every body

when i want to select all objects belong to a layer i use quick select or filter command .the question is some times after command finished i can see the grips for all entities in this layer so i can edit them the problem is some times

i can't see these grips therefor i can't edit these entitis.

selction done but when pressing enter after finishing select object all highlight entities return normal ,no grips ,no highlight as is i do nothing

any help will be highly a preciated

thank you

i opened one file so all files affected and canceled advantage of seeing grips so i have to close autocad(2008) and start again it's okay for all but if i open this file all files became same

Set this varieble to allow a larger number of grips shown by the program:

GRIPOBJLIMIT System Variable

Type: Integer

Saved in: Registry

Initial value: 100

Suppresses the display of grips when the initial selection set includes more than the specified number of objects. The valid range is 0 to 32,767. When set to 1, grips are suppressed when more than one object is selected. When set to 0, grips are never suppressed.

You are welcome... well, from your post I'm not sure if you solved the problem with the setting of GRIPOBJLIMIT System Variable or in another way but anyway

• 2 years later...

Just a note to anyone looking into this...I had to set my gripobjlimit to 32000 to get the grips to show. Riga above stated that when set to 0 grips are never suppressed but this wasn't the case for me. I'm using AutoCAD Map 3D 2009. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the tip though...resolved hours of frustration.