AutoCAD 2002 removal?

jenkovix

Hi Gentlemen,

how I would remove AutoCAD 2002? There is no uninstall and it is not in the Control Panel/Add or remove programs either.

How I would get the rid out of it?

Any help appreciated

Thank you

Have you looked all the way down in the Add/Remove control panel?

When I put AutoCAD 2002 on, it somehow created a vast empty space in the panel, and you have to make sure you have scrolled right to the bottom to see the rest of the programmes :cry:

I've heard of this problem before, but didn't it occur immediately after ACAD in the list? I spent hours on the phone to HP when sorting out a friend's laptop but the gap remained :(

I have a very big blank area in the Add/Remove window but without any button or text. I think this must be it, because AutoCad begins with "Au" and the next item is "Broadcom Management".

How I could remove it?

In the instance of my friend's laptop, I think AutoCAD was still there, I think you'd be best off searching some threads on the Microsoft forum for something like this... it's just a glitch I think, nothing serious, but if you're trying to uninstall a program, I think you'd be best off on the MS site. I thought that the gap went when we uninstalled ACAD. :?

Just a complete stab in the dark :( but have you tried to remove the license using the Portable License facility??

AutoCAD might be clever and hiding the programme whilst it still was licensed

It should be there in ADD/REMOVE. I think I have had to open and close the Control Panel a few times and click around on stuff, but I finally got ADD/REMOVE to show everything. The big gap is still there and all the Autodesk stuff is towards the top after the gap. It is a glitch in Windows, so searching the MS site might give you a better method.

I recently had the same problem, removing 2004 and no uninstall in the add/remove programs (same gap too). I ended up deleting all folders/files pertaining to 2004 (after backing up of course). Then I used a registry cleaner (Norton Utilities) to clean up afterwards.

To fix the Add/Remove Programs dialog....

* Open REGEDIT (Start->Run->Regedit)

* Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\

* Find the branch that corresponds to AutoCAD

* In the right pane, find the value "DisplayIcon"

* The value will be C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\acad.exe,-1

* Change it to C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\acad.exe,1

* Close Regedit

* Reopen Add/Remove Programs.

• 2 years later...

Thank You rkmcswain you are a god send My Friend!. I never knew it was AutoCAD causeing the massive gap in Add/ Remove Programs.

If your still having trouble finding what rkmcswain put in his Very helpful post above, I'll ellaborate onit below because i still had to do a bit of searching to find this 'DisplayIcon' registry he was talking about in the AutoCAD folder & also had to do trial by error right clicking to figure out how to enter the txt he explained.

In Depth Help

Open Up The RegEdit program

Go down to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER, go down to Software click drop down. Go down to Autodesk click drop down. Go down to AutoCAD right click on the AutoCAD folder and click on the Find... option then either type or copy & paste this in the search field C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\acad.exe,-1

Now click the Find Next button, it should start searching the registry. This took mine awhile to find about 3mins exactly give or take. once found you should get a list of registry installed files in the right pane look to the section that says 'Name' about 5 names down in this section it should say 'DisplayIcon', right click onit & choose the top option 'Modify'. Now were it says value data (C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2002\acad.exe,-1) simply take out the Hyphen ( - ) before the digit 1 at the end of the txt & click Ok.

Now close RegEdit goto Control Panel Add/Remove Programs & A-presto no huge gap were the Alphabet splits from A to B & you should now be able to see the AutoCAD program now in the list ready for you to do as you please (Change or Uninstall).

Once again Thanks rkmcswain for your above post, i wouldn't of been able to get rid of AutoCAD or tht huge gap in Add or Remove if it wasn't for your HELP. True Hero to the cause lol o:).

• 6 months later...

rkmcswain & SpOONey

This worked a treat. Needed to uninstall an inactive verison on AutoCAD 2002. There was no uninstall available in the Add/Remove, only the large white gap. Removing the Hypen worked a treat

Thanks

Jammie