doing cross section

emimotul

hi hi all brother i'm using acad 2000, but i need to do a lot of cross section project soon . so i need to know is any acad software are use friendly to do it b'cos i a new in acad too.....

Guest Alan Cullen

The minimum AutoCad product you need is Land Desktop, but I don't think it was available for 2000. There are also a lot of civil packages out there that can do what you want very easily. To produce the cross sections manually could take forever, depending on how many you have to produce.

Actually Alan, Acad 2000 was the foundation for Land Desktop (known as Land Development Desktop then) version 2. Land Development Desktop was first released with Acad R14.

You would need Land Desktop w/the Civil Design add-on for the sections.

Good luck finding a seat of that now though. Better off getting the latest release or seeking another means of doing x-sections.

What are you drawing?

Need to know this.

If it is a 3D Model you can use _SOLVIEW to do sections.

If it is a 2D plan view of something you will need draw it.

Guest Alan Cullen

:lol: :lol: Cross Section is generally a civil term, as opposed to Section. So it would be pretty safe to assume this is a road or something similar in civil.

Now watch me get shot down in flames. :twisted:

• 4 years later...