ucsfollow help needed.

Bogbadbob658

I like to set ucsfollow to 1 and use ucs object to set my ucs. Everything works fine however it also zooms extents as well which is a pain. Does any know how I can stop the zoom extents?

been fiddling around with UCSFOLLOW since seeing it several times in last week in the forums. I've always kept mine set at 0 changed ucs through UCS;NEW or UCS;E then typed in PLAN. An added step albeight I don't always want to rotate my view sometimes just to faciliate drawing a line or text relative to what I've picked. I've noticed with UCSFOLLOW=1 and viewport locked the view doesn't rotate but as soon as you unlock the viewport it rotates and zoom extents. I've noticed whenever you invoke PLAN it rotates and zooooom extents. So I've concluded that the ucsfollow automatically invokes the PLAN command after rotating the UCS. I looked in the cui interface and looked up plan and there is nothing in the macro about zoom extents and tried adding code to the tail... with no avail.

sooo. doesn't seem that you can change this unless you can change the code for the PLAN command :huh:

• 1 year later...
I like to set ucsfollow to 1 and use ucs object to set my ucs. Everything works fine however it also zooms extents as well which is a pain. Does any know how I can stop the zoom extents?

When creating a UCS (user coordinate system) through a viewport 'UCSFOLLOW' must be set to '1'. Once your desired UCS has been created, 'UCSFOLLOW' must be reverted back to '0' otherwise it will continue to zoom extents every time you reactivate your viewport in paperspace. This applies to all viewports independently throughout your paperspace. Only then should you set the desired scale of your viewport. Good practice dictates you lock the viewport to prevent unintentionally adjusting its scale. Hope this helps someone.