Adding Array Count to Dynamic Blocks?

TuFoFi

i made a simple little chair block , that can be dynamically pulled into theatre seating.

I am trying to get the "Count of Objects" revealed as mtext or an attribute in the block.

It seems that doing area mathematics on the total array size divided by the individual column/row sizes will give me the correct count.

Any recommendations on the "Field" that will help me with this?

thanks

chairtest.dwg

I have a similar problem that I have been trying to get around. It involves stretching a wall elevation and having the arrays continue with the stretch. I'd also like to get a count of each of the 3 items that are "arrayed"

I've provided an example elevation.

EleStretch.dwg

• 2 years later...

I see that your solution works, but not how you did it. I tried reverse engineering the block, but almost anything I do breaks it. I'm guessing it has to be done in a certain order? Or which white papers specifically...internet searches for Autodesk solutions seem to only lead to questions. Thanks if you ever see this and are able to answer.

• 2 months later...

Ted,

Sorry I have not been monitoring this site for a while. In a nutshell the object is an attribute tab whose default value is set as a "Field" object. Here is a link of a screen capture, showing the dialog box and field parameters.

magicchairblock.jpg

• 2 years later...

Please! If someone knows how to do it give a clue. Still can't understand what is the "conversion factor" = 0.001157407407407407 in your additional format?

Please! If someone knows how to do it give a clue. Still can't understand what is the "conversion factor" = 0.001157407407407407 in your additional format?

The conversion factor is 1 unit divided by the area of the original, singular block, in this case 864. After stretching the array, divide the resultant area by 864 to count how many chairs there are.

And thanks Tu!