Looking for photo hosting

Strix

I hope somebody can help out here :)

We're looking for a photo hosting website for the rescue dogs available on the website, but we have a few quirky criteria to fulfil

we need to be able to have a volunteer at the rescue centre up north load pics on the website, then they be resized, then our webmaster use those resized images on the site

we're looking for ease of use and resizing that's easy to use, oh, and plenty of album space too

anybody got any recommendations?

I use photobucket.com which gives you 2GB of free space but there are plenty of others out there... make sure you read the T&C's (basically they assume all rights to use the image in connection with their site... you, of course, retain copyright)... & they allow hotlinking to other websites so you wouldn't need to re-host them.

They do have a max upload size (can't remember what at the moment) but that shouldn't be a problem if you're uploading for web use anyway & they will resize pics to roughly what you specify :)

oh - I looked at photobucket first as I already have an account, but I'm pretty certain they only had about 3 sizes to choose from (and if I keep messing up trying to get pics in the right album, the other people in this project have no chance!!)

I'll have another look - cheers Hedge :)

Sign up for a free Google pages account. You can use it as a hosting account for images as well (it is a web page account). That is what I do for attaching images here and at other forums I visit. I think you get 1gb of file storage.

we've already reached our 1gb mark for images I'm afraid f700es - unless we can use this upload in one location and link from our end with other 'clients'.... Hmmmm

then they could all have their own accounts and we could spread load space

it should keep email sizes down alot too

Thanks CADTutor :)

Just had a look at that, but it looks like it's asking for far more 'handling' than we were hoping to have to do

I think I've been asked to investigate the impossible :(

• 1 month later...

I use flickr and I enjoy it very much. It is easy to use and you can get different sizes of your images to use within your website or blog.

I was gonna try to post one in here, but I'm having a hard time getting it to work. It works well with my blog though.

Alternatively you could have them resize the images (individually or in batch) using a photo editor and upload to the web. The GIMP is my choice in this dept.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

This websites always comes with limited space but i may their are many more and even we dont know about their uptime so i recommend to you make a gallery site and then resize your photos etc with the gallery script.