Dynamic Block Query

mshearer

I am currently creating a dynamic block with both rotation and linear stretch. When I stretch my object before I rotate it works ok, however if I rotate the block and then stretch my object it (the object I'm trying to stretch) is no longer aligned with anything; instead it stretches to some (seemingly) random location. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm using ACAD 2008.

I haven't found a solution for this, I have the same problem.

From what I can tell the rotate command doesn't rotate the stretch area (the rectangle of area to stretch), so when you do go to stretch it is stretching items within the stretch box which is at its original location. I have just grown custom to it, remembering which blocks...until the next update.

If you open ACAD's 'tool pallete' you can drag down a block that basically does what I'm trying to do. Imperial Section callout has both the stretch and rotate command and seems to work just fine. I might just edit this block to fit my own need, but will still try to figure out how to create my own from scratch. Thanks!!!

If you open ACAD's 'tool pallete' you can drag down a block that basically does what I'm trying to do. Imperial Section callout has both the stretch and rotate command and seems to work just fine. I might just edit this block to fit my own need, but will still try to figure out how to create my own from scratch. Thanks!!!

Dude, I didn't know that symbol did that. I took the symbol apart and tried it on my symbols and got Rotate-Stretch & Stretch-Rotate to work. On the Rotation Parameter Set, remove the Stretch Action (Lightning bolt) from it. You can keep the parameter and arrow, but remove the lightning bolt. Let me know if this doesn't work, maybe post your block. Could have sworn I tried that before...might have been a SP fix.

I had a similar problem. It turned out that I had used the 'linear parameter' when I should have used the 'polar parameter' for the stretch action.:oops:

Got it to work...finally. I ended up using the scale action instead of the stretch action for my linear parameter. Also, I've found that you should only add parameters to rotation actions and not other actions (lightning bolt).

I had a similar problem. It turned out that I had used the 'linear parameter' when I should have used the 'polar parameter' for the stretch action.:oops:

I used the linear stretch parameter set, didn't want a polar stretch. I think the problem is the action, lightning bolt, like mshearer and I discovered.

• 1 year later...

Had a bit of a problem with this myself - ended up using Polar Stretch instead of trying to link Rotate & Stretch Parameters. So my section mark works now pretty fine.

Only thing is when you insert one of the pre-defined Section Call outs from your tool palette CTRL+3 and edit this seems to have been sucessfull in doing what we are all here are having problems with!

any comments?

is it me or do dynamic blocks dont seem to be to user friendly

I think they're friendly, just not intuitive. In the right place they are brilliant - its just all the examples Autodesk give seem to be less usefull implementations.

While there is a somewhat steep learning curve, to me it seems as if they attempted to make them too user friendly. The parameters and actions are overly simplified and it can make it difficult to obtain complex actions. Thats my $0.02 anyway.