Hatch Scale

cmcd

I´m having trouble getting hatch scales to match up between different drawings. Even though I´m setting the same scale in the hatch properties, and both drawings have the same ltscale (though I don´t know that this matters), the hatch looks different in each drawing. Is there some sort of global setting within each drawing that´s causing this? I´m using AutoCAD 2008.

Thanks..

c

thanks, but don´t think thats it. Dimscale is the same in both drawings. The ANSI37 cross hatch is coming out about 30 times bigger in one drawing than the other.

thanks riga, thats it alright (i posted the previous reply before seeing your suggestion). Both drawings were set to mm for the units, so I didn´t realise there was another variable that would affect this.

Ahhh, Miss Riga.

You have been conspicuous with your absence, Sven. :lol: :twisted: :P

Hell Alan, as the major contributor to this forum (I mean in terms of messages posted, I don't want other members get me wrong :wink: ) can you please ask the moderators to add a tag under the avatar which can be used to specify gender? :D

I am sick to be named "sweety", "dear" or whatever .... :twisted:

BTW how it comes to your mind the name Sven? Sounds too Scandinavian for a Swiss ski instructor :wink:

CMCD, I hope now everythings work fine.

the MEASUREMENT variable is a variable saved in the drawing and will just say to Autocad which file it have to use for hatches pattern and lintype. So with MEASUREMENT set to 1 autocad will search for acadiso.lin and acadiso.pat, when MEASUREMENT is set to 0 it will look for acad.lin and acad.pat which are pretty different

BTW how it comes to your mind the name Sven? Sounds too Scandinavian for a Swiss ski instructor :wink:

I recommended he'd use 'Gunther' but no luck...:glare:

Hell Alan, as the major contributor to this forum (I mean in terms of messages posted, I don't want other members get me wrong :wink: ) can you please ask the moderators to add a tag under the avatar which can be used to specify gender? :D

I am sick to be named "sweety", "dear" or whatever .... :twisted:

CMCD, I hope now everythings work fine.

the MEASUREMENT variable is a variable saved in the drawing and will just say to Autocad which file it have to use for hatches pattern and lintype. So with MEASUREMENT set to 1 autocad will search for acadiso.lin and acadiso.pat, when MEASUREMENT is set to 0 it will look for acad.lin and acad.pat which are pretty different

Good info riga. :thumbsup:

When starting a drawing from scratch or creating a template this is controlled by _MEASUREINIT.

• 1 year later...