• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• scubadoo

• GE13579

• SanMiguel

I'll try that.

One other question, once i've used text mask I don't seem able to edit the text and am only selecting the boundary of the text mask. Should I still be able to edit the text?

Morning all,

When i use the wipeout command rather than background mask in the Mtext window and plot my layout as a pdf, for some reason the wipeout prints as a black block. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

Dave

Use the WC command. Just type WC in the command line of all related drawings and Xrefs and that should fix it. Dont ask me what it stands for as i have no idea, but it works. I hope this helps.

Use the WC command. Just type WC in the command line of all related drawings and Xrefs and that should fix it. Dont ask me what it stands for as i have no idea, but it works. I hope this helps.

I get "Unknown command "WC". Press F1 for help." Could this be a LISP?

Use the color 255.

That's it! Thanks. So if i set up a layer called TEXT MASK, set the colout to 255, make it current, will the masks all come out correctly?

Cheers guys.

• 4 years later...

When plotting from Adobe I click on the "Advanced" button at the bottom of the printer dialog box. From there select "print as image," and select the default 300 dpi setting. This will allow the PDF to print the way it is viewed without taking any other information into consideration.

I believe it has to do with the additional information that the PDF is holding since it retains layers, etc.

:geek:

bfY4ndMxTjB4gKC5wG1_Egegbist2W8KLY7Di52Mk1C7p6zuTbkP1tJ36jBbRhysndNLCaBbzrQ

• 2 years later...

im using 2010, (havent updated my profile yet) and yes i tried using the DWF viewer and convert it to PDF, but our consultant is still saying that wipeout still turns black when they print it out. i ended up removing the wipeout & exploding the block to have a temp solution but im sooo frustrated with it.:x

Did you set the color to 255 and other suggestions above?

I usually set text masked to "Use Background Color" or 255 and never had a problem plotting them using DWG to PDF.pc3 or Adobe, using default monochrome.ctb or acad.ctb.

You may want to check what they are doing, seems this is on the consultant's end, if you are plotting them fine.

Yes i did try setting the color to 255 but to NO avail. Back & forth yet the problem still hunts me.

Regarding the PDF.pc3, I've noticed that when i choose that plot setting, when I preview the PDF dwg, the lines seems to be somewhat light in color? :?

Thanks