Wipeout prints black form pdf's

scubadoo

Morning all,

When i use the wipeout command rather than background mask in the Mtext window and plot my layout as a pdf, for some reason the wipeout prints as a black block. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

Dave

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• scubadoo

• GE13579

• SanMiguel

whoops. my mistake, it is infact text mask that I'm using and not wipeout. so why does text mask print black?

i think my brain is going cos i've just handed my notice in!

Dave

Textmask just uses a wipeout by default so it's the same problem. You could try one of the other options in the masktype option but I don't recommend textmask anyway... leaves a very messy drawing when you come to edit it.

I have no idea- don't use it often for PDF's but just textmasked all the text on the drawing I'm currently working on, plotted to PDF and it's as I would expect, no visible black blocks...

I guess there must be a variable or something which controls opacity or something??? :?

unfortunately I don't think there's a solution to this problem.

You are probably correct.

Are you using AutoCAD's DWG to PDF.pc3 plotter driver? You will not be able to do it with that, I do not believe. Though the DWF>PDF might help.

You may find some third party Pdf plotters to plot the Wipeout/Textmask. You need to search the forum and see if anyone has done this.

Check this thread....

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17590

I have no idea- don't use it often for PDF's but just textmasked all the text on the drawing I'm currently working on, plotted to PDF and it's as I would expect, no visible black blocks...

I guess there must be a variable or something which controls opacity or something??? :?

What are you using to plot to PDF?

I'm just saying what I'm using to plot to PDF...

When I go to plot, change the name to PDF Creator, the Plotter listed is that which I mentioned above in quotes...