Dynamic Block Polar Stretch and array

qball

i'm trying to do a polar stretch and array for rigid insulation.

RIGID2.dwg is my best option. but as you can see in the jpg, the first line should have arrayed already, because the gap is over 2".

i tried to follow the instruction someone used for the clothes hangers http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13993&highlight=DYNAMIC and it resulted in RIGID.dwg, with the lines rotating off the main line. my words make no sense, so hopefully the pics describe everything.

what am i doing wrong?

RIGID.jpg

RIGID2.dwg

RIGID.dwg

• 4 months later...

I have found that the array action in dynamic blocks is a funny thing. I created a new linear parameter and put it's startpoint 1" behind the other (for whatever reason this works) and tied Array1 to it and added the parameter and action to the polar stretch. I believe this works like you want it to.

RIGID3.dwg

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Im new to this site but it has now come in handy. Ive run into a problem involving polar stretching and polar array; i cant seem to be able to link them so they work simultaneously.

This is the drawing I am currently working on.

apron_feeder.dwg

Regards.

Did you check out jay3791's "rigid3"? I think that should help. The first thing I saw on yours is you used "stretch" instead of polar stretch. Then he used a separate array and distance parameter for each tick mark. Then the polar stretch encompasses the distance parameters.

try this... not perfect, but probably close.

apron feeder x.dwg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Unlike the Stretch Action that can stretch subsidiary stretch actions. Has anyone ever noticed that the array action doesn't allow arraying of stretch actions? or am i doing something wrong?

Edited by Prophecy99

I have found that the array action in dynamic blocks is a funny thing. I created a new linear parameter and put it's startpoint 1" behind the other (for whatever reason this works) and tied Array1 to it and added the parameter and action to the polar stretch. I believe this works like you want it to.

I know this is dated but for anyone to ever read this. I just an hour ago related to this comment but figured it out. Not only do you have to specify the array distance under the parameter, but you also have to specify the distance within the array action properties it self (lightning bolt) in Rows and Columns. That is where it defaults to 1" even though you specified the array offset in the parameter it still has to be changed here to work.

• 2 years later...

Prophecy99,

What do you mean by "you also have to specify the distance within the array action properties it self (lightning bolt) in Rows"? I'm having this issue, but I'm not seeing a length setting that looks like it is defaulted to 1".

Ey_LuminarieSchedule.dwg

Linear Parameter.jpg

Array action properties.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

What I mean is, when you are editing the dynamic block you have to set the distance of the array in the array action. So click on the lightning bolt that represents your array action in your dynamic block and inside the properties of that action is where you specify the array distance.

Hopefully that helps. Pretty much you have to mess with every possibility and setting as a trial and error approach untill you understand the ins and outs.

Prophecy99,

What do you mean by "you also have to specify the distance within the array action properties it self (lightning bolt) in Rows"? I'm having this issue, but I'm not seeing a length setting that looks like it is defaulted to 1".

In your Array Actions properties box, Column offset is set to (defaulted to) 1". Try changing that if you would like an array spacing other than 1".