Northing and Easting tags?

BigMikeLV

Okay, this one stumped my instructor...

In LD 2K5 under LABELS you could pick Label Northing/Easting. Now in Civil 3D 2008, we can't find a command that does it. Am I just over looking it or has this command been killed?

Its not a point, to say. It a spot on a fence line or pipeline that will probably change, which is why I dont want to create a point for it. Too much to manage then. Just being able to label it would be fine.

Try going into the Lines/Curves drop down list and pick add labels. Click the drop down arrow next to Feature and choose "note". This will let you label just that one spot, without changing points etc.

• 11 months later...

Can anybody Help me to understand Northing easting tags. I have 1 Architect's drawing and she wants me to cross check northing easting points as per her legend. this is new for me.

I just registered for CAD tutor Forum. I tried to post my question or to chat online to know about this but I couldn't figure it out.

I just jumped into this quick reply to contact at least someone to know about Northing easting points and also to know how to post my problem on this to get reply from people.

Thanks.

Go to units and change the angle to degrees/minutes/seconds. You can pick a line and check it's northing & easting in the properties. Hope this will help!

Hi, thanks for giving me quick reply. I checked Units. it is set on Deg/Min/Sec. but I can't find the description of point in properties.

Now what should i do?

i am running civil 3d 09 and it has the command under the labels drop down, i just used it about 1000 times. Maybe they ditched it like some express tools for a year

i am running civil 3d 09 and it has the command under the labels drop down, i just used it about 1000 times. Maybe they ditched it like some express tools for a year

Express Tools are still there, but it's just not a default install option. Put your CD back in, go to Configure and enable Express Tools. :)

In Civil 3D, you can also find it under Lines/Curves. For some reason, they have the same function in 2 places.

Express Tools are still there, but it's just not a default install option. Put your CD back in, go to Configure and enable Express Tools. :)

I have them i meant they dropped some of the commands within the express dropdown, i know they are in toolbars but i prefer not using any