join lines

azman modular

hi guys..

i'm using cad 2007 map 3d...

how do i join line that not pararell?

i'm using pedit but it's cant't be join..

pls help me to solve this problem..

tq

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JD Mather

• azman modular

• scj

• PS_Port

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Azman , I'll take a guess..:?

Have you tried PEDIT then M (multiple) then JOIN then set the FUZZ

fuzz is the gap it will assume lines not joined ...

If not then maybe give us a screen shot to see what lines you mean.:)

I think you can not join them. I'm not used to work on 3D but I've noticed that if your lines are 3D polylines PEDIT wont have the Join option. If they are 2D polylines then you wont be allowed to join them because they dont lay down entirely on the same plan.

Not sure that's the reason, but it's what I can guess after a few attempts to reproduce your problem

That's exactly right riga. PEDIT only works on lines that lie in the same plane. If you want the lines joined then you should redraw your shape using the 3DPOLY command. But even then, you won't be able to EXTRUDE. Extrude only works on plannar objects.

i try to join this line then i'll extrude.

I can't see where LOFT, THICKEN, or SLICE helps azman get his 3D polys to join.

If azman modular intends to "extrude" this profile then a joined 3D poly is not going to get any closer to a solution. I haven't used Map 3D but I would be surprised if there isn't a command in that vertical to join a 3D poly as there was in the old Mechanical Desktop vertical. But again - that is not going to help in getting a 3D "extrusion".

There is a link to learning 3D modeling in my signature.

You can't join 3D polylines. You have to flatten them first. But then they won't be 3D anymore.

Looks to me from the picture that the design intent is a curved face - not a planar face. Now if the OP would simply attach the file instead of a picture....

Guest Alan Cullen

azman,

Post your drawing here, in 3D. I will join your polylines together for you, and give it back to you to do whatever you want with it. :lol: :lol:

I won't be using acad to do it. :twisted:

But I will give you back an acad drawing.

thanks guys for your support!!

i'm building up temporary stucture and the drawing in PDF that i shown last time was drawing of roofsail..

1'm already stuck with that for a month..

tq

Guest Alan Cullen

Okay azman,

Here is your drawing. I took it into 12D to join it. You'll have to reset your UCS back up again.

roofsail-12D.dwg

As for extruding or anything 3D related, you'll have to talk to a 3D guru there. I know nothing of 3D.

Guest Alan Cullen

I just had a thought. You could draw a new 3D polyline over the old bits an pieces, then delete all the bits and pieces and be left with one full 3D poly.

Sorry my English is not so good, but I understand the problem in that way:

1. Make a surface of the bounding 3D-Polylines (in the attachement I used RULESURF with SURFTAB1 = 20)

2. Make a 3DSOLID from the SURFACE (I used M2S.lsp with a length of 50)

3. Make a copy of the 3DSOLID and get the difference (I took a thickness of 1)

Next steps are to create the unfolding of the surface but this is another problem, which I can solve too...

Regards

Jochen

roofsail_scj.jpg

I just had a thought. You could draw a new 3D polyline over the old bits an pieces, then delete all the bits and pieces and be left with one full 3D poly.

You would have to change the design intent or at least verify exactly what the design intent is/was as there are two gaps in the geometry supplied where endpoints do not meet. A decision needs to be made about what was intended to fill in the missing information.

In a case like this I would not delete the bits and pieces but put them on a hidden layer in case it is necessary to go back and show how the original geoemtry had these gaps.

1. Make a surface of the bounding 3D-Polylines (in the attachement I used RULESURF with SURFTAB1 = 20)

2. Make a 3DSOLID from the SURFACE (I used M2S.lsp with a length of 50)

1. RULESURF is obsolete (not needed) in r2007 and later.

2. M2S.lsp not needed for this problem with r2007 and later.