Importing coordinates from Excel

Niz

Hello everyone :)

I want to import an Excel file´s (.xls) coordinate information (X,Y) into Auto CAD as geometry - one point for every X,Y.

I need to draw a profile grade - I have 123 points for one profile grade and i am trying to find easier way of drawing it then just drawing point by point :(

How do I do that?

(I use AutoCAD 2007, Excel 2003 )

Thank you all in advance

I just download and install the program, but everytime i hit the command button, it says "AutoCad is not running, or wrong version!" Why? I'm using AutoCad 2007

tq

I just download and install the program, but everytime i hit the command button, it says "AutoCad is not running, or wrong version!" Why? I'm using AutoCad 2007

tq

look in the CadTools Settings, there's a dropdown list with cad versions. Select Autocad 2007.

If not working, send a email to the developer (me)

Regards Lars

• 1 year later...

I used the method from the "Odd Spot" to create several stream cross-sections and these are some tips I picked up along the way.

1. don't put the x and y coordinates in the same cell in excell, it's easier and there is less chance of transposing number and such if you copy the two columns (X and Y) into note pad then remove the tab spaces and add commas

2. If you format your cells in excell to have the same number of decimal places the process goes really fast once you are in notepad

3. The polyline comes in on the current layer, maybe this is obvious but it helped me make sure I knew which x-sections were which

It's all about caditude.

• 4 months later...

Hi, i currently have a layout of the building in AutoCAD 2010 and i have some data in the excel file.

Excel files consists of unique #s for different location in the AutoCAD layout. Each number is assosiated with the location in layout. Each location gets tested everyday day and according to the result if its positive or negative i make a green/red circle in the AutoCAD layout.

Now what i was wondering is if it possible for me to somehow connect the excel file to the AutoCAD layout so when i put in the result (positive or Negative) it would automatically make a either a green or red circle in the layout. Any help or suggestion is much appreciated.