Spanner Problem

Rosa

I am trying to find the path of a spreadsheet that was brought into CAD using Spanner. The closest I can get is doing "sheetupdate", but that only shows the first half. :x Has anybody here found a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Rosa

Perhaps you could post a screen shot. Usually the full path will be there. Try using Properties and highlighting the path and scrolling with your arrow on the keyboard.

Here is a screen shot of the properties box:

prprtiesscrnshot.jpg

I don't see where the path would be, unless I am misunderstanding you.

Here is a screen shot of the sheet update box:

spannerscrnsht.jpg

As you can see, this only gives the first part of the path. Hopefully these help.

Alan Cullen and HappyUnited, you two are SOO hilarious

eddie.gif

Wont you please come visit us in America sometime?

bottle.gif

Just kidding, thanks for the help everyone!!

14mm open ender. What is the problem?

The problem is you must have ALL my 14mm spanners. I have no idea where they go but they don't stay where I can get one.

Back to the problem. It looks like a bit of sloppy programming - the sort of thing I would do - but can possibly be excused as it may have been written before very long path names became common. Basically the "label" isn't long enough for your file path and you can't read the end part. You MAY be able to double click the file and copy/paste it into a text document to read it. I just tried it in VB and it doesn't work but your one might be different.

• 1 month later...

I used the SU at the command line. SU=sheet update, I will ask you the “Select Spreadsheet”. Select a schedule in CAD and the Spanner Dialog box will show at the top of the box the file and path.

The problem with spanner is that AutoCAD 2004 for whatever reason will not translate all the cell info. In Excel under the cell format the wrap text and Merge cell doesn’t work so well.

I have found if you turn off the wrap text and Merge cell off that is under the format cell by right clicking on the cell and look under Alignment.

I have tried and cut and paste witch updates better, but when I paste it into CAD it dosen’t get the show the end of the schedule table. It like it is cut off . so if someone can tell me how to get the cut & paste excel into Autocad and have it work that would be great

Plus with text stack on top will not work so you have to create second line.

In order to work in AutoCAD. Center the text in Excel and once you use spanner to import in CAD, It dose some funny stuff and dosen't work right.

I hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

A simple fix:

Go to your root directory for Autocadd

• C:\Program Files\AutoCAD MEP 2009

Open file Span12.dcl

on first page find this section:

:concatenation {

:text_part {

label = "Via: ";

}

:text_part {