Placing a viewport on top of another

Siberian

Is there an option to make a viewport stay on top of another and not have the underlying one shine through? Or do I have to line up their boundaries to prevent this?

The only way i found around this is to use the wipeout command in model space of the underlying viewport. Basically to mask off the unwanted area. This then gives you the option to turn off that particular layer if you wish to have more viewports where you want that part of the drawing showing. A basic way around the problem but can work. :)

Guest Alan Cullen

This has been asked a few times before. I can't remember the answer because it was never something that concerned me. I think it had something to do with cycling through the viewports somehow to get the one you want on top.

Maybe do a search and check out similar threads listed below here.

I remember reading this- wasto75's response is one way, or you can create a viewport out of a polyline to the shape of the "background" viewport, or I think there is a way to trim the viewport? There isn't a way to cycle through them though, just to clarify :wink:

Why would you want to have them overlap since you can create irregular shaped viewports that achieve what seems to me the same effect? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the use/benefit.

Ok I see what you're talking about. Actually having one viewport completely over/inside another one.

If it's just a matter of overlapping that's different and thats what I was thinking about. :D

I always just moved/adjusted them as needed while working with them so they didn't overlap 100%. It seems that there is a way to cycle through them, but I never remember that one as it's not very often I have this situation.

I always just moved/adjusted them as needed while working with them so they didn't overlap 100%. It seems that there is a way to cycle through them, but I never remember that one as it's not very often I have this situation.

I think in this instance the requirement isn't for viewports directly on top of one another, but the cycle you refer to is "CTRL+LEFT MOUSE". This can be used on lines and viewports alike. I think this is what you mean? :huh:

• 5 years later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Am I in some sort of parallel universe were questions from 16 years ago are answered with 1 liners?

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 3:02 PM, Steven P said:

Am I in some sort of parallel universe were questions from 16 years ago are answered with 1 liners?

Occupational hazard.

Be glad someone out there is paying attention.