• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• khoshravan

• chulse

• ShawnPeter

nice.. :wink:

Well that's all he asked for.....:mrgreen:

Place your viewports on their own layer (such as Vports) and turn them off. You can also use CHSPACE on the items in the viewport and then delete the border.

You can also just delete or erase the border and the border will disappear.:?

If you hold your hands in front of your eyes just right you can make it go away that way too.

Or if you use a color dependent plot table you can set a color to a screening of 0 and put your vp on that color.

Another option might be to set the size of the vp the same as your border/t-block and then bring your border/t-block to front so you don't actually "see" the vp.

If you hold your hands in front of your eyes just right you can make it go away that way too.

Or if you use a color dependent plot table you can set a color to a screening of 0 and put your vp on that color.

Another option might be to set the size of the vp the same as your border/t-block and then bring your border/t-block to front so you don't actually "see" the vp.

providing his fingers are wide enuff he can eliminate the whole viewport ;

just kidding

....what he said will also work just dandy

I would agree with chulse and SLW if you're asking for the viewport border to be removed from the plot. Here we always have viewports on a non- plottable layer.

If, however, you're wanting to "get rid" of it in PS, then I just freeze the layer in the current viewport. You can still activate the viewport this way by double clicking within where it is (if you remember where it is!!).

Hope this makes some sense??? :?

Guest Alan Cullen

AGM, sometimes you can be as flippant as Styk and myself. I did like that response. :lol: :lol:

Me, I always stick viewports on a layer "z viewports", with colour cyan. Cyan is a no plot colour for us, and it stands out in the plot preview so we know something is there that we don't want plotted.

Layer "z viewports" is set to "no plot". o:)

Oh, silly me! I forgot to say "how"...

Thanks guys.

Sorry about that, but me being me I couldn't resist. :D

Another option I thought of is to make the color of the viewport very close to your background color, as in either color 250 or even True Color 10, 10, 10 for a black back ground or 255 for a white background.

• 3 years later...
Well that's all he asked for.....:mrgreen:

Place your viewports on their own layer (such as Vports) and turn them off. You can also use CHSPACE on the items in the viewport and then delete the border.

You can also just delete or erase the border and the border will disappear.:?

I thought deleting the vport border, will delete total view port. I tried and all vp gone. Are you sure it could be deleted without affecting the vport itself? Then it should be selected in a special way.But I agree with you to turn the layer for that border line off.

One more question arises. If we have more than one vp in a layout, is it a good idea to put all border lines in one layer? It will be easy to manipulate like turn it off, but I am not sure if it could affect other things or not?

I thought deleting the vport border, will delete total view port. I tried and all vp gone. Are you sure it could be deleted without affecting the vport itself? Then it should be selected in a special way.But I agree with you to turn the layer for that border line off.

One more question arises. If we have more than one vp in a layout, is it a good idea to put all border lines in one layer? It will be easy to manipulate like turn it off, but I am not sure if it could affect other things or not?

You can place them all on a single layer or create a layer for each viewport, should not matter.

On the layouts, can you remove the border from viewports?

:twisted:

I see no mention of retaining the contents of the viewport.

You can place them all on a single layer or create a layer for each viewport, should not matter.

I see no mention of retaining the contents of the viewport.

Then I was unable to express myself clearly.

In layout tab, in order to delete the vport border line, I select it by window crossing and for grips in four corner, get blue. then I hit delete button and border goes including its content which is the view port.

Therefore I concluded that the border line should not deleted or erased, except it's layer hidden or frozen .

Make a layer, I call mine VP, and turn it off. In paperspace, click on the viewport border, then assign it to the VP layer. POOF, the border will disappear, leaving the contents of the VP.

Make a layer, I call mine VP, and turn it off. In paperspace, click on the viewport border, then assign it to the VP layer. POOF, the border will disappear, leaving the contents of the VP.

This has been discussed thoroughly and I knew that.

The question is how to erase that border.

That will erase the VP border. Just to be clear, when you place a viewport on a sheet it has a border around it. To make that border disappear, assign it to a layer that has been turned off. The border will disappear leaving the contents of the viewport.

Is that not what you want to do?

Erasing a viewport is not recommended unless you really don't need that particular view. However, putting viewports on their own layer and setting the layer to "no print" is highly recommended.