Align Command

angela@TAG

I am unfamiliar with the align command. What are the specifics that make this command work. My hope is to grab individual multi-line text units and align them so they are all left justified to one another. Is this possible and can I use the align command.

In plain old vanilla AutoCAD Align works like this:

Aligns objects with other objects in 2D and 3.

I'm pretty sure this command was not meant to be used in the manner you wish to use it.

I don't think you want the align command. It sounds to me like you should make sure the properties of all the mtext are set to left justified and then place them all on a vertical line.

Hope I've helped. If I've misunderstood you, sorry.

A LSP is your friend. Put the two files in Acad's support directory. To load your friend, at the command line type (load "alignit"). Once loaded invoke the lisp by typing ALI.

A LSP is your friend. Put the two files in Acad's support directory. To load your friend, at the command line type (load "alignit"). Once loaded invoke the lisp by typing ALI.

Hi,

might want to change the commandname here as ALI is an alias for DBCONNECT in "out-of-the-box" Vanilla AutoCAD 2008.

You could also create a toolbarbutton for it where the command would look like this:

^C^C^P(if not C:ALI (load"alignit.lsp"));ALI;

This would work if the ALI wasn't already taken...

/Petri

• 9 months later...

sorry to re-open this old thread, but I'm looking at a similar problem, how to align all text vertically, and the LSP seems to be missing.

Can you please re-attach it?,

(for now I just modified the X postion in the property, but I would like a command to do this)

Thank you very much

Jesper

i just downloaded the lsp and loaded it into acad and this is what i get

Command: ali

ALIGNIT - Error: quit / exit abort

SYSTEM VARIABLES have been reset

Command:

any suggestions?

• 8 years later...

to get it work you need to do as in replay #7 to current thread:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?19523-Align-Command&p=122186&viewfull=1#post122186

1. Add new path in Autocad options, support section

2. Do APPLOAD lisp from this path.

Follow command prompts, and a good tutorial on ALIGNIT.lsp lisp you get it here:

http://www.cadalyst.com/general-software/autolisp-solutions-aligning-objects-3178

Edited by mikitari

mikitari: You do realize you're responding to a question posted by in 2008 do you not? If chelsea still hasn't figured it out by now she should consider starting over in a new career. Please don't start dredging up old threads.

Hi ReMark, yes I do. I have been currently digging for a lisp to align blocks, and found ALIGNIT. And it is good. I was lacking some information on how to make it work, even in this thread. I think someone else might need this information in 2016 too, that is why i posted again, and added the link to a tutorial. I apologize if it is a mess. Cheers!

Edited by mikitari