CAD viewer

BigBusiness

Hi, I'm looking for an application where I can view my CAD drawings. I've testet several multiformat viewers, for example the Rasterex CAD Viewer http://www.rasterex.com/Products/CAD-Viewer.aspx.

The alternativ is to use TrueView for Autodesk files, Bentley View for DGN, Image viewers for TIFF etc. In my opinion, the beste solution is to get all viewing capabilities in one tool. This would be a benifit also for AutoCAD since it would support the usage of their application. Why do I feel that Autodesk is against this?

Comments?

BB

• 7 months later...

If you have more than just AutoCAD files, then I'd highly recommend Rasterex's products. I've been using them for over 15 years! :D

Hi, I'm looking for an application where I can view my CAD drawings. I've testet several multiformat viewers, for example the Rasterex CAD Viewer

The alternativ is to use TrueView for Autodesk files, Bentley View for DGN, Image viewers for TIFF etc. In my opinion, the beste solution is to get all viewing capabilities in one tool. This would be a benifit also for AutoCAD since it would support the usage of their application. Why do I feel that Autodesk is against this?

Comments?

BB

Another one you can look at is Solidwork's eDrawings Viewer program. It's a free download and you can even view 3D models with it. However, you'll have to download another program to print the drawings (eDrawings Publisher).

I can't post web links yet, but just Google it to find the site.

• 4 months later...
Hi, I'm looking for an application where I can view my CAD drawings. I've testet several multiformat viewers, for example the Rasterex CAD Viewer http://www.rasterex.com/Products/CAD-Viewer.aspx.

Comments?

BB

I am using a CAD viewer which allows you to browse, view, measure, print, DWG, DXF, DWF files, no AutoCAD required. I download it from here: http://www.autodwg.com/dwg-viewer/

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Might be interesting to know that the latest versions of Adobe PDF allows the user to convert CAD drawings into PDF WITHOUT needing AutoCAD installed.

If you've got it already, might be handy?

Might be interesting to know that the latest versions of Adobe PDF allows the user to convert CAD drawings into PDF WITHOUT needing AutoCAD installed.

If you've got it already, might be handy?

Seems it could be problematic. What if there's no Plot Layout defined? Or what about multiple Layout tabs? Or modelspace?

Yeah I know but the guy I quoted said "Adobe PDF". I wonder what he means by that. I wonder if it's Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro, or Adobe Acrobat Reader.