Problems with read-only files

scottsylv

I have several users running 2008. 1 person can open a particular drawing and work with it and save it. When he closes out no one else can open the file with write permissions.

I have had him rename the file with a save as and still it is locked. Is there something in his AutoCAD settings that is blocking the file from the others?

Is it erasing the .dwl file that AutoCAD creates in the drawing directory? (same file name as drawing but with .dwl extension)... this is the drawing lock file to say that it is in use & who by etc.

Guest LElkins

Check that the folder in which the drawings are is not set to read-only.

in Explorer go to Tools>Folder Options>View> Check Show Hidden Files and Folders.

Check with your system administrator that the folder properties are set correctly to allow read/write/modify/etc. and then delete any .dwl and .dwl2 files with corresponding names as the .dwg

Cheers

• 2 years later...

I am also facing very strange problem. When I save CAD file. On save location area. Automatically create sav.tmp type file ?? Please someone help me .why is create when I save any DWG file. Also some time save DWL format. After save. when I open DWG file. Its show me Read only file. I can't understand what happened?

bercha85:

You have resurrected a thread from over two years ago to basically post the same question you have asked in two brand new posts today. Please stop. It just makes things more confusing.

Thank you.