Logitech mouse wheel not panning?

CADDict

I've been using Logitech mice for years, the Performance Mouse MX most recently and for some time. SetPoint is severely lacking; at most you can assign a keystroke "Ctrl+".

^^ Hence my ordering the Macro programmable mouse linked above. :wink:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackBox

• SuperCAD

• SLW210

• dshandelman

What else would you need it to do?

You've never worked with MicroStation (MS), have you?

When working with AutoCAD products, I have no real need for either of these devices (specifically the additional macro programmable buttons). I have a keyboard for that.

When working with MS (something I'm cross training on now), however, the keyboard is almost useless. Everything stems from a menu, or toolbar or sort, with hundreds of palettes... it's retarded. I actually got the idea to purchase these devices as a result of some MS forums that had posted positive results, as the macro keys could be programmed with functionality that otherwise cannot be achieved with the standard keyboard (something I find infuriating). Again, haven't tested them out yet to know for sure; I just love getting new gadgets! LoL

Edit: The other device I ordered is the Logitech G13. I didn't mention that (in this thread) earlier.

I had the same problem using Autocad with a Logitech M305 mouse.

Setting button 3 to Other > Generic button under Setpoint solved it halfway; panning became possible, but fitfully.

Setting buttons 4 and 5 (mouse wheel left and right) to "Do nothing" solved the issue.

Another reason why I opted for the MX518. The mouse wheel doesn't have a left/right tilt. I bought a mouse that had that feature a long time ago and it frustrated me so much that I swore I'd never get another like that.

Setting button 3 to Other > Generic button under Setpoint solved it halfway; panning became possible, but fitfully.

Setting buttons 4 and 5 (mouse wheel left and right) to "Do nothing" solved the issue.

Check out the Mouse software I linked in the above post.

Another reason why I opted for the MX518. The mouse wheel doesn't have a left/right tilt. I bought a mouse that had that feature a long time ago and it frustrated me so much that I swore I'd never get another like that.

I do not like the tilt either.

The G700's got onboard memory for different profiles... to which you can assign (as I have) acad.exe to an aptly named profile 'AutoCAD'. This combined with the ability to automatically switch profiles when an assigned application is the active window, the same buttons now have different functions simply by switching windows.

This is the main reason I went from the Performance Mouse MX to the G700.

In my AutoCAD profile, I set the Left Tilt, and Right Tilt buttons as 'Middle Button'... so NMW I invoke the PAN command (thank you MBUTTONPAN = 1).

Separately, both the G700 (mouse), and the G13 (gameboard) have colors association with the profiles... so I've set the AutoCAD profile as red (same color as my command line text), and the MS profile green for simplicity.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for clearing this. I've been sitting here for hours wondering which command to assign to the middle button. I have a problem though. The panning occurs far too fast. If I just click and drag 1mm, my model disappears. I have to look for it for a while before discovering it somewhere in the horison. Any idea why that might be?

Wait. Let me rephrase that. I have an aditional screen which I connect to my laptop. Panning is fine when the 3dsmax window is in my laptop screen, it pans far too fast when it is in my external screen. Any idea why?

Not sure what to do about two monitors....

If you have a logitech mouse, there is a slide adjustment in Set Point for the left and the right "SCROLL" once those items are clicked upon.

Since this is a scroll action and not a pan action, I would suggest also looking at your control panel dialog for your mouse controls also. There is probably some sort of scroll rate control in there.

• 1 year later...

Thanks one25IT, setting the sideways wheel to nothing worked for me with the Logitech M705

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i just encountered this problem right now. By the way i found a solution about this problem.

Simply you can set the zoom button (your default scrool button on the default operatins system functionalities but logitech sets this button zoom functionalities). you should set middle button instead of zoom button. this is worked for me.

God luck with that

• 1 year later...

Thank you!!!

And thanks to this dead topic I killed only one hour this morning fixing the problem! :)

Have to figure it out how I ended up with this problem at all. :)