Logitech mouse wheel not panning?

CADDict

After searching on here and finding the only answer was to uninstall SetPoint, I've figured out how to make the Logitech three button mouse's wheel work with SetPoint installed. Maybe I didn't look through enough threads, but I couldn't find anything nonetheless and I thought I'd make a thread specifically addressing this.

All you have to do:

Step 1- Select your mouse

Step 2- Select the wheel button

Step 3- Select the task. Select the "other" radio button. A pop up menu will come up. Open the drop down menu in that and select "Generic Button".

Hit Okay.

Hit Apply.

Hit Close.

That's all there is to it. Your scroll wheel will now pan when you hold it down, Zoom > All when you double click it, and continue to zoom in and out when you roll it back and forth.

Untitled.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackBox

• SuperCAD

• SLW210

• dshandelman

• 2 months later...

Ahhhhh... I had missed this so much since I got my new system, and couldn't figure out how to get the panning capabilities back.

THANK YOU sincerely!! :D

~Julie~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for these tips, I just got my logitech mouse and was quite upset that i couldn't seem to figure out how to get it working right. This helped a lot, and the idea of the tilt wheel is also very handy!!! :)

Thanks for these tips, I just got my logitech mouse and was quite upset that i couldn't seem to figure out how to get it working right. This helped a lot, and the idea of the tilt wheel is also very handy!!! :)

Krztoff, this is the place for AutoCAD information.

I had the same problems a couple of years ago with a Logitech mouse.

Solved in no time in the cadtutor forums!

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I got a similor problem,

I'm using a Logitech G5 mouse, and have been problem free for a while but from out of no were I can nolonger pan with it.

checked setpoint and it was still set to middle mouse button.

checked autocad variabel mbuttonpan and it was set to 1 ,so thats good

any sugestions are welcome.

• 8 months later...

Eelko, it looks like this thread is stale,but parts of it really helped me out. My mouse is a tilt mouse(I didn't know I had that feature when I bought it) and after changing the middle button to other it still did not work because the tilt feature was still active. I had to set the left scroll to other, then "do nothing", and the right scroll to other, then "do nothing. I set the middle button back to "middle" and now everything works out fine.

Like you said, necromancy, communicating with the dead. I returned the favor..................just to be safe!

• :twisted:

I am glad you found a solution to your problem, of course. We're just expressing necromancing a little forum humor :wink:

Try using X-Mouse Button Control to set the mouse buttons.

That is pretty neat, SLW... Or you could just buy this mouse, like I just did for half price!

FIREdevil.gif Bwwwaaatttatatatatataaaaataa!!

Back on a dead topic, I think any Logitech mouse that uses SetPoint (all of them?) will let you remap the buttons.

In my experience SetPoint is lacking as also evidenced by the need to turn off as indicated in this thread. I know when I was using SetPoint, it just didn't want to play with AutoCAD. I currently have Lenovo and their software is useless also, so I found another program.

I have to have zoom on the wheel and thumb button as enter or else Hulk cry like baby.

That is pretty neat, SLW... Or you could just buy this

Not going to buy my own mouse for work. I have no need for all of those buttons at work. Home would be another story. Still can use the Program with that mouse and increase ability.

I have to have zoom on the wheel and thumb button as enter or else Hulk cry like baby.

That's how I have my mouse set up. I use the wheel for pan/zoom and one of the two thumb buttons set to ENTER. I'm using a Logitech MX518.