Warning: An error occured during save.

Guest LElkins

SLW,

Thanks, close but no cigar...

The problem is that cad isn't crashing, but just smacking me in the face with a wet fish and laughing....

Thanks anyway.

heyyy - that's what I do!!!! :?

*realises this is not Chat..skulks off*

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• ReMark

• PS_Port

• syarn

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LElkins
I take it you have already try the .bak file and the .sv$ files.

Yep, tried them. No joy.

And virus scan, adware/spyware has not thrown anything up after a few on-demand full scans.

Time for a drink I think.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

a user in my office just notified me of this message and after a brief google search i came across a discussion on the autodesk forums. autodesk doesn't know what it is and there is currently no solution. :shock: upon a short troubleshooting exercise on her machine I've noticed that it is directly related to hatching.

go to the autodesk forums and look for thread ID=597064 in the Autocad Architecture discussion group.

• 1 month later...

There have been some 'pretenders to the throne', but so far this kingdom has gone unconquered. Some suggest it is hatch related, whilst others say it isn't, I have tried every suggestion on the net, and a few of my own with no joy.

Sorry.

• 9 months later...

I'm with snoopy...have a architecture 2008 file now that seems to pop up the message hourly "warning: an error occured during save, we recommend that you recover on the drawing"....can not execute anymore saves until I run recover which does not find anything. when I purge it keeps finding a "material" named general.chip...I even did a purge of the regapps per lyn allen and it still pops this error. also I can not seem to find the thread mpednault mentions above either..

another weird thing....after recovering....the active layer changes from a-dims to 0 by itself....

• 1 year later...

just to add to this issue - i have no hatches in my drawing and still get this problem. (could not saveas - recommend run RECOVER)

only on one drawing, only on one computer. when i recover it sometimes disassociates all the dims - could it be a problem with dims?

• 6 years later...

I am getting this error fairly regularly, once or twice a week. Several fatal errors as well, which are almost better, since AutoCAD attempts to save recovery files (they are almost always garbage though).

I am using Civil 3D 2014, Intel Xeon 3.5GHz, 32GB RAM, Win 7 Pro. AutoCAD is simply awful at handling memory and while the current versions are quite stable, as soon as you add an extension like Civil or Piping, you are subject to a whole litany of crashes and errors.

The only fix for this is copy everything into a new drawing, or abandon any unsaved progress and close and reopen the file.

Audit doesn't work at all for this error. Running audit before and after the error occurs, finds 0 errors in the drawing.

Do you clean up your drawings on a regular basis using such commands as Overkill, -Purge (twice; once for Regapps and once for All) then run Audit?