Warning: An error occured during save.

Guest LElkins

Guest LElkins

Good day All,

I am a little stumped.

1 of my users is getting an AutoCAD Message when saving a file. This does not happen every time, and appears to be randomish, although it is only a handful of drawings. I have tried these drawings on various other machines and can not repeat the message.

I have repaired the installation and still no joy. I have reinstalled, and still no joy.

The software is AutoCAD 2008.

The message is as follows.

Warning: An error occured during sabe. We recommend that you run RECOVER on the drawing

The file saves, and is openable, everything is fine. Run a recover and no errors are detected, etc. Yet save again later and message comes back.

Any one got any ideas as to why this is happening?

I have seen elsewhere that it may be due to custom hatches. There are no custom hatches in the drawings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• ReMark

• PS_Port

• syarn

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the file is being corrupted. Have you tried the AutoDesk Discussion Groups? Could it perhaps be hardware related, as in a bad hard drive sector? Just taking a wild guess there. Anyone else?

I've had it a few times on machines running 3rd party software inside AutoCAD... very odd indeed but doesn't really present a problem. Could be a network/harddrive problem I suppose.

Guest LElkins

Tried purge and audit. Tried wblock. Tried copy+paste.

Isn't machine specs as is a standard build throughout the office.

Have no 3rd part add-ons.

IT personnel saying network/hard drive are fine.

Have checked the discussion groups but no solutions.

Have sent a support request to AutoDESK, but we all know how long it takes them to respond...

Any other suggestions? I wouldn't mind if it was crashing cad and blowing the machine up, but this is just like an annoying fly flying around the room, doesn't cause any problem but does frustrate you....

EDIT: Also open the file after on my machine and don't have the problem.

EDIT2: Service pack and all HotFixes are installed.

Cheers

Well I see a similar error problem was experienced by Architectural DT 2007 users. The fix, as I guess you already know, centered on the replacement of a .dll file. Perhaps you have stumbled across another such problem in the 2008 version. Can you put the question to your authorized AutoCAD reseller? Do you have a subscription?

Guest LElkins

Creek and paddle indeed.

Yes to subscription. Have opened a support request, just waiting and pulling hair out now whilst waiting for $DESK to get back to me.

Cheers.

$DESK. I like that.

Too bad we couldn't help bro. Seems you've covered all the bases quite well yourself. Good luck and let us know what they say and if you solve or don't solve the problem.

Guest LElkins

SLW,

Thanks, close but no cigar...

The problem is that cad isn't crashing, but just smacking me in the face with a wet fish and laughing....

Thanks anyway.

Guest LElkins

Yes.

Tried purge and audit. Tried wblock. Tried copy+paste.

Isn't machine specs as is a standard build throughout the office.

Have no 3rd part add-ons.

IT personnel saying network/hard drive are fine.

Service pack and all HotFixes are installed.

Have reinstalled and no luck, and tried repair installation and no luck.

I would just say its a friday ghost, but started yesterday...

any more ideas?

Cheers

Guest LElkins

hahaha

where the hell did you get that?

i have contemplated throwing the machine out the window, but we are only on 1st floor so wouldn't do enough damage.

Cheers for the help anyway.

Have a good weekend all.

hahaha

where the hell did you get that?

i have contemplated throwing the machine out the window, but we are only on 1st floor so wouldn't do enough damage.

Cheers for the help anyway.

Have a good weekend all.

Smilie Xtra for Firefox, if you do a search, I have posted a link on here before.

You could try a comparison between registries to see if something got changed.

Guest LElkins

I have uninstalled the software and re-installed, clean, so there are no registry keys left.

Short of redrawing from scratch, and not copy/pasting,I am fresh out of ideas, and the hair is going that way too if I don't get this sorted...

:cry:

Cheers