• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• ABuckingham

• Zako

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who's image are you using?:unsure: Mine? Jeez, I hope not.:ouch: I "guesstimated" the dimensions.:lol:

OK, I see what you mean. From now on I "qualify" all images I submit as part of this thread as per the following.

Objects in your mirror may appear closer than you think.

For informational purposes only.

Some poetic license has been taken.

Professional driver on a closed course. Do not attempt.

Not for resale.

Offset for clarity.

Your mileage may vary.

Not to scale.

Some assembly required.

Batteries not included.

:rofl:

Edited by ReMark

Who's image are you using

OK, I see what you mean.

To clarify for those who might not see what I meant -

I pasted the images for the part from the original post and then modeled overtop of them to get relative sizes of the geometry since there are no dimensions and can't make out the grid in the low resolution images.

As i have earnestly requested you. I don't have any experience in converting orthographic views into isometric or oblique drawings. I appreciate your cooperation in doing this assignment. Would you please convert them and send back to me.

Well that is one of the troubles with being new to AutoCAD or any CAD program and having had no experience with drawing orthographic views sets one back even further. Because the simple truth about using 3D modeling with any CAD program is that you can disregard the whole orthographic thing. When you create a 3D model you certainly take the orthographic views into account but you are creating much more. And once your model is even partially completed, you can let the CAD software take care of the orthographic views for you. It's sure a long way from the green vinyl drawing boards, lead mechanical pencils and straight edges.

BTW - Did anyone else discover that mechanical pencils (lead holders) made great roach clips..... :lol:

Zako: Have you made any progress yet? We aren't going to do all the work for you since this appears to be a class assignment. We aren't the ones taking the class. If you have questions about how to do something then you had better start asking them.