Lines are non coplanar

hello,

I've been having a drawing problem at work lately on Autocad 2007.

Some lines I draw cannot be filled so I have to trim them instead. The reason why is that these lines are not coplanar. I've also noticed that

the Z coordinate is not 0 and have checked on the 3d View that lines are awfully not in the same plan. How can I resolve this problem

that is becoming very annoying? Does it have to do with the X-line?

Thank you for your help as soon as possible.

As you have already figured out, lines that are non coplanar have different Z values. If you have the Express Tools loaded, try the FLATTEN command.

If that doesn't completely flatten your drawing, post back. I have a Lisp routine that never fails.

I've just tried the flatten command.

and selected the objects to convert to 2d...(the whole drawing including the coplanar and non coplanar lines). but nothing really happened...

Just wanted to thank you for your help.

It did work very well. But concerning hatches,dimensions and

other errors in the drawing, I was obliged to redraw them again.

But concerning hatches,dimensions and

other errors in the drawing, I was obliged to redraw them again.

That's odd. I've never had to fix anything after running that routine. It should just move everything to Z0. Are you sure those things weren't exploded to begin with?

• 2 years later...

Hi!

I had the same problem as Avopia.

Following the link below, I used the lisp routine to flatten the drawings (quite successfully), but now, I can't seem to rotate my ucs with the keypad shortcut.

However, although I can still rotate using the tabs on the screen, everytime I try to rotate the screen to suit the new ucs, I seem to lose the drawing altogether and the zoom window still won't bring it back.

Can anyone help please???

• 1 month later...

I have just had the same problem as this!

I tried your FLATTEN command but this was an "unknown" command! (because im using LT?)

How do I flatten the drawing?? I looked at your other post as well Cad64 but that had a link on how to use lisp tools which I did not have permission to view! :( (deleted or not permitted)

Brilliant! Thanks for that Styk!

Just out of curiosity, how do you set that up as a script? just copy it into notepad and save it as a .scr?

Brilliant! Thanks for that Styk!

Just out of curiosity, how do you set that up as a script? just copy it into notepad and save it as a .scr?

Yup, but each line break is just like you hit Enter on the command line. If you follow that rule then you'll make the *.SCR file just fine. :)

• 10 months later...

My horizontal and vertival lines are not square: they look crooked on the screen. I tried to flatten but it didn't help. What am I missing?

I'm going to need a little more info than "I don't think I did it correctly" if you need help. ;)

Can you explain why you don't think you did it correctly? What happened?

Well - I've never tried a lisp before, but I looked online to figure it out. I first tried to cut and paste - of course that didn't work. Then I tried to do every line individually and I moved it out of the drawing...somehow. It is gone!