Changing Opacity of Solid Hatch

HiFiJr

Is there a way to change the opacity of a solid hatch fill color? I want to 'highlight' some areas in plan, but want the colors to be transparent. I'm using Autocad 2007.

Is there a way to change the opacity of a solid hatch fill color? I want to 'highlight' some areas in plan, but want the colors to be transparent. I'm using Autocad 2007.

you could just use a dots hatch patten placed close together making it look transparent

i'm not aware of a "highlight" function... typically clouding the area works as calling it out, however you could use dashed lines or dot (as suggested above) to "highlight" an area and have it remain somewhat transparent.

The easiest way to do this is to modify a plot style for screening. I typically use a value between 10-40 for the screen, depending on what the application is.

After you have done this, then either apply your new plot style to your object or hatch layer (stb), or assign your hatch to the screened color (ctb).

You could try SUPERHATCH and set transparency and fade. You just need to take a solid color and save it as an Image in an Image Editor. I used a screen shot and print screen and cropped the color. Select the hatch then Properties and I adjusted the Transparency, Intensity and Fade etc. through Properties.

• 1 year later...

Thank you! I've been searching HELP for a transparency setting. Never occurred to me to just push the hatch to the background.

• 1 year later...
You could try SUPERHATCH and set transparency and fade. You just need to take a solid color and save it as an Image in an Image Editor. I used a screen shot and print screen and cropped the color. Select the hatch then Properties and I adjusted the Transparency, Intensity and Fade etc. through Properties.

THANK YOU! :shock: Great solution! Congratulations!