+ Reply to Thread
    Using
    Inventor 2012

Default inventor leader challange.

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Hey all...

i have a bit of a challange for you inventor experts... the company i work for uses lots and lots of images in our work, trouble is that a normal black leader can be hard to see on some images, so what we've done in the past (in acad) is to create a leader block that has a "ghost" around it, and this ghost will just print out white so you can see it over the images, but not on a white background.

trouble is that with inventor, firstly, it's not possible (to my knowledge) to replicate this. and secondly, the only thing i can think of so far is to create 2 seperate leaders, the first leader would be in (say) 0.75MM lineweight, and white in colour. the second leader would be directly over the top, in (say) 0.25MM lineweight, and black.. however when you try to print out, we use "all colours as black" which means white colours too... so you just end up with a massive black leader. the other problem is that you can't easily relocate a leader because you have to adjust 2 seperate leader to look exactly the same...

has anyone got any suggestions on how to do this? i'm not after complete solutions (but it would be nice), i just need ideas so i can work on them...

P.S. bet the thread title threw you a bit

Using
    Inventor 2015

Have you tried a Sketched Symbol (roughly the equivalent of an AutoCAD block)?
    Certified SolidWorks Professional
    Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
    Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional

Using
    Inventor 2012

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

honestly... no, personally i don't like the sketched symbols, 'cause dynamically, they're extremely annoying... i've used them for a few things, and if you need to move it on the page then it totally dissappears until you've settled on it's final location... to achieve what we need it would need to stay visable while you move it. furthermore, are sketched symbols dynamic in that you could re-size the length of the leader with out physically editing it?