How to remove hatch function

bnmphuong

Hello everyone,

I'm new member and beginer in CAD also. I have a file that the object already "hatch" and now I want to remove that hatch to edit the object. Is it possible to do that?

Thank you

Just select the hatch and delete it. If the hatch is on a separate layer, you could just turn off that layer, if you just want the hatch out of the way while editing.

hi bnmphuong,

do you mean you have a drawing that has a hatched area? and you wish to remove the hatching completely? (because thats fairly simple) or you do you mean something else?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, But the person who created that drawing didn't do the best job...

You can turn the hatch off (even though its on the same layer as line work)

with FILL -> OFF

however the hatch is really not a complete hatch see pic, the left over hatch, is actually lots of lines (see circle pic)

you will have to delete the lines individually or by `fence' selection.

Also you can attach drawings here see `Manage attachments' in the addition options window below the thread composition window

, as long as the .dwg file is less than 250 kb

Sorry, I forgot to say regen at the end..:oops:

O.k. just checked this works in your sample2 drawing

at the command line.:)

Command: fill

Enter mode [ON/OFF] : off

Command: regen

• 6 years later...

For some reason when I apply solid, light colored hatch to an object, the bounding lines disappear, as if hidden behind the hatch color. Also, I had two centerlines drawn on the object. When I applied the hatch, one centerline disappeared, the other remained! The hatch is just a light tan solid color. Any ideas?

Thanks

Bill

That is *probably* down to draw order.

Dewpending on whethe ryou have your BHATCH dialogue boxc expanded or not, either in the middle collumn, or the right hand-side there's a group of commands labelled as "options." The second of these is a dropdown box called "Draw Order."

In your first circumstance selecting the fourth option in here "Send Behind Boundary" will work, in either of the cases you describe the second, "Send to Back" will force the hatching to be behind any geometry allowing those object to remain visible. Liberal application of the REGEN and REGENALL commands can sometimes be necessary to make it apparent that these have worked!!

dJE

Thank you very much; I was not aware of BHATCH dialogue box options.

I was able to fix my problem by using a generic draw order command that is found in the properties dialog box, will now check out the BHATCH dialogue box.

Appreciate your help...

Bill

• 4 months later...

it works for me too. Thanks!:D I was trying to remove the hatch which was already attached to the document that I wan to work on.