+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Using
    not specified

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

like umm.....bloodwig

Computer Details
    Methuselah's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    XP x64
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Methuselah's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    HVAC Designer, BIM Technician
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Using
    Revit MEP 2012

Truthfully, I was talking about myself. Bloodwig and I both joined on the same day.

Using
    not specified

at least your a self-professed postwhore...jk
    i cant help posting lots of little meaningless posts, if they didnt count i woudnt mind

Bloodwig80

lmao how did i find my name in this thread i dont know! ha!

and yeah i may be a postwhore but im a classy postwhoar.

Bloodwig80

Quote Originally Posted by CADTutor
    We must be doing something right.
    i was thinking about this yesterday after i read it and comparing it to other boards i frequent including my own 2 boards (car related)... when i first joined this board i found it through google, i also found many others and i actually joined a few, but within a week or two, i knew which i would frequent more and more because of activity, member friendlyness, site appearance, etc. there's some cad sites out there and theyre really rough looking, not too user friendly, as there are also some with a lot of registered professionals, but some boards are also nazi-like in how they treat members so its no fun.

the only thing i would change on this board is to switch the software to vB instead of phpbb but that's just my opinion. I usually sign up to vB boards only because of the user friendly interface and ease of use. i guess the reason why i stayed here is because as i read the new topics i found many unanswered questions and was able to help people out in my replies, also had some questions answered rather quickly (big factor here) and lastly i guess, the people that are here were friendly to me, havent gotten into any flamefights but then again this is a professional site so i wouldnt expect that here anyways.

okay that's enough reading for now.

Using
    not specified

cant believe i just wasted a WHOLE 30 seconds? of my life reading that tripe

...jk, no i totally agree with you bloodwig. this a fantastic site with fab people

Computer Details
    Methuselah's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    XP x64
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Methuselah's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    HVAC Designer, BIM Technician
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Using
    Revit MEP 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwig80
    Quote Originally Posted by CADTutor
    We must be doing something right.
    i was thinking about this yesterday after i read it and comparing it to other boards i frequent including my own 2 boards (car related)... when i first joined this board i found it through google, i also found many others and i actually joined a few, but within a week or two, i knew which i would frequent more and more because of activity, member friendlyness, site appearance, etc. there's some cad sites out there and theyre really rough looking, not too user friendly, as there are also some with a lot of registered professionals, but some boards are also nazi-like in how they treat members so its no fun.

the only thing i would change on this board is to switch the software to vB instead of phpbb but that's just my opinion. I usually sign up to vB boards only because of the user friendly interface and ease of use. i guess the reason why i stayed here is because as i read the new topics i found many unanswered questions and was able to help people out in my replies, also had some questions answered rather quickly (big factor here) and lastly i guess, the people that are here were friendly to me, havent gotten into any flamefights but then again this is a professional site so i wouldnt expect that here anyways.

okay that's enough reading for now.
    Wow...
    vBulletin? Naw, it doesn't matter to me but if I had a preference, I'd go with SMF or phpBB over vB. I also like IPB, but not as much as phpBB/SMF.

Bloodwig80

i ♥ vB. im about to acquire a 3rd license.

Computer Details
    CADTutor's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Motherboard:
    Asus P7P55D-E PRO
    CPU:
    Intel Core i7-860
    RAM:
    4GB PC3-12800 C8 Corsair Dominator
    Graphics:
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 768 MB
    Primary Storage:
    Intel X25-M SSD 160GB
    Secondary Storage:
    Samsung Spinpoint 320GB
    Monitor:
    BenQ FP241W 24" Wide
    Discipline
    Education
    CADTutor's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Senior Lecturer (Digital Design), Landscape Architect & Web Designer
    Discipline
    Education
    Using
    AutoCAD 2015

I'm using phpBB here because I like to support open source solutions where I can. Also, it is very flexible with loads of mods etc. However, the delay in upgrades has made me think about other options. I do like IPB - it's an all round good piece of work. I have experienced vB as a member but I'm not that taken with it. Maybe Bloodwig80 can give us some good reasons for a move to vB. Could it be that I'd find your posts easier to moderate?
    Tip: Please do not PM or email me with CAD questions - use the forums, you'll get an answer sooner.
    AutoCAD Tutorials | How to add images to your posts | How to register successfully | Forum FAQ

Bloodwig80

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

har har har. moderation with v3.5 is out of this world. when i upgraded from 3.0.9 to 3.5.0 my mods were im'ing me telling me that it was the best thing that ever happened.