Legend Check Box

russell84

Thanks Lee, I appreciate this very much. I will take a look at it this morning and give it a go.

I see you are in London. One day I would like to go over for a visit and watch some soccer.

Sid.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• russell84

• Lee Mac

• mauserp08

• asos2000

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're very welcome Sid, I hope you can make use of it. London is great, except for the weather - so much for summer, we've had mostly rain.

FL is nothing but rain storms and insanely hot weather.

FL is nothing but rain storms and insanely hot weather.

I've always wanted to go to Florida, to see Universal Studios and all the other tourist attractions, and from the pictures I've seen, it looks like an idyllic place to live.

Lee, I was able to get the lisp routine to run without the dialog box. I am not sure what is happening there. It did give me a nice list and count of the blocks. I seem to be missing something. Any suggestions?

Florida seems like a nice place. I have a step sister and a good friend that live there. One day I will make it over to visit. I live in New Mexico where rain is a rare occerance. It sure would be nice to see some.

Sid.

I've always wanted to go to Florida, to see Universal Studios and all the other tourist attractions, and from the pictures I've seen, it looks like an idyllic place to live.

It's a really beautiful place to live and for the most part, the weather is nice - it's just been really hot this season. Universal is really cool.

Lee, I was able to get the lisp routine to run without the dialog box. I am not sure what is happening there. It did give me a nice list and count of the blocks. I seem to be missing something. Any suggestions?

The dialog is used to control the settings for the Table, when the menu appears, press 'S' for Settings. If you get stuck, have a read of the program description for it on my site.

I am not sure what is happening but I am not getting the option for settings. Below is what I am getting when I run it. I have the dcl file in my support folder where I have all my other dcl files.

COUNT

Press to select entire drawing or,

Select objects:

Counting block insertions...Block Count

------------------

WAMETR ........ 45

slcap .......... 2

PRCALPNT ...... 10

Does this appear to be normal? I am not sure what I am missing and will go through it again and see what I can find out.

Great site you have there. I will go through it more thoroughly when I have a bit more time. Thanks again for the help and the site as well. I appreciate it.

Sid.

I decided to start over and downloaded the file again. Sometimes it is better to start all over and go from there. It is working just fine. I do not know what I did wrong but it works and I now have the dialog box. I apologized for causing any problems.

Sid.

I decided to start over and downloaded the file again. Sometimes it is better to start all over and go from there. It is working just fine. I do not know what I did wrong but it works and I now have the dialog box. I apologized for causing any problems.

Sid.

No need to apologise Sid, it looks like you were running another program with the same name as mine :)

Glad you got it sorted, and many thanks for the feedback on the site, appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lee,

You were right, there was another program that had the same name and actually lived in a different folder. I did not see that the parent folder was named test. I had created that one to see what lisp routines I have and what they do. Yours worked out great and would like to let you know that I appreciate the help with this as well as the work you did on it.

Thanks.

Sid.

Hi guys, I was reading the post and found it very interesting. I had an idea about this a long time ago too and wondered if it could be done this way.

Create a txt file with a layer name and a legend block against it.

Run the lisp:

It purges the drawing.

Compares the layer list against the text file and when it gets a match it loads the insert command with that block.

The lisp will then insert the blocks to create the legend.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
i have a legend creater written that simply inserts blocks that describe linetypes and symbols throughout a drawing.

Its old and kinda messy because it was one of the first lisp/dcl routines i wrote.

But it doesn't check what blocks are contained within a drawing - it only works by manual ticking of the check boxes.

You could create something more advanced if you want but its up to you.

My one at the moment just inserts differnt blocks that were set up for different scales

ive attached a pic of the result

also a pic of the form.

i'll give you the code if you want for it all and you can edit it from there.

Atleast its a start you know.

But what you are talking about you will need some experience and help with writing it to suit your needs

Let me know if you want it

Hello there,

Could i possibly get a link to your legend creater i really think its quite useful tool.

Regards