3D Picture of 20ft Shipping Container

Trabantexpress

Could anyone help me out with information where i could find a .dwg or .dxf drawing of such an item? Just registered in this forum, so i don´t know where to browse for such items..... :unsure:

Welcome to the forum. Have you heard of the CAD Block Exchange Network? Perhaps someone has already drawn what you're looking for. They can be found at:

www.cben.net

Or you could just draw one up yourself and share it with all of us. Think of the learning experience it will be. Don't hesitate as we're all anxious to see it. Good luck.

Thank You ! Surely would try to draw it, if i had some time for it. Running out of time and would really need such a drawing. Also "D would be fine, just presenting a 20 ft container.

I think I could share some symbols I have, most of them are electrical ones. Will have to go thru my symbol library and look what could be of interest.

• 10 months later...

I don't see my first post so I will try again. Sorry if I duplicate somehow.

Just to say we've never seen an update to this topic and we know a lot were searching without success as we were.

Anyway we finally found the only accurate ISO container (ISBU) drawings at the ISBU Association website. We've wasted a lot of time and money on some real crap. Anyway this is the right on stuff.

For what it's worth. We don't use Google Sketchup but one of our student staff does and she said they they have the most accurate Sketchup she's seen also.

Ok, ...updated.

Chris

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I just registered as well. Newbie at AutoCAD, my office just got it and asked me to learn to use it. Anyway, I have a project that we're trying to build a mobile bar, fully functional inside a shipping container. Therefor, I started to Google to find a DWG of a container, I found it and thought I'd come share it with you guys:

EDIT: Ah ******, I need 9 posts. Ok, I'll post the links as soon as I get 9 posts.

I know this topic is over a year old, but seeing as I found this topic in a google search, I thought I'd help out others who might also stumble onto this site/topic.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

I just registered as well. Newbie at AutoCAD, my office just got it and asked me to learn to use it. Anyway, I have a project that we're trying to build a mobile bar, fully functional inside a shipping container. Therefor, I started to Google to find a DWG of a container, I found it and thought I'd come share it with you guys:

EDIT: Ah ******, I need 9 posts. Ok, I'll post the links as soon as I get 9 posts.

I know this topic is over a year old, but seeing as I found this topic in a google search, I thought I'd help out others who might also stumble onto this site/topic.

Any updates on this? I could use a 20' 3d if it's out there...and I know you are...

Hi!

I don't have 9 posts yet, even though I have. The system doesn't recognise some of them perhaps. Here's the link:

arktistDOTcom/ArkPhoenix/ShippingContainerDwgs/containerdwgs.html

Just replace DOT with an actual '.'

These are very basic, but there isn't a lot of detail in a shipping container. These helped me to get me started on my project. I now have another project that's similar to this one, except it's not a bar, its a mobile exhibition stand. I'll post some render pics once we've got the concept going.

• 2 months later...

Thanks. I had already added it to my list of favorites for future reference. Unfortunately most requests come in specifically looking for a 3D model already made. Seems like most people do not want to put in the effort to create one.

Did anyone ever manage to track down a 3D model? Or make one? I could use one for a project im working on. If not ill need to make one, so I will upload mine eventually.

Short answer: No.

See post #12 and the included link. With the very detailed 2D drawings provided you should be able to construct something in 3D. The level of detail will be entirely up to you. When you're done post an image so we can all have a look. We'll be waiting. Please don't disappoint us.

Hello cnc pro, could you help me out as well? I'm also running out of time and nothing good enought found yet. If you can, tell thanks

I don't see my first post so I will try again. Sorry if I duplicate somehow.

Just to say we've never seen an update to this topic and we know a lot were searching without success as we were.

Anyway we finally found the only accurate ISO container (ISBU) drawings at the ISBU Association website. We've wasted a lot of time and money on some real crap. Anyway this is the right on stuff.

For what it's worth. We don't use Google Sketchup but one of our student staff does and she said they they have the most accurate Sketchup she's seen also.

Ok, ...updated.

Chris

Listen folks. So you want a 3D drawing of a shipping container and you want it for free. You have two choices. Draw one yourself or get one from the ISBU. Now if you are not a member of ISBU then a set of 3D plans in .dwg, .dxf or .3ds format is going to cost you $38. However, if you become a Resaerch Member ($18 membership) you can get the same drawings and more for Free. Do the math then check this out:

http://www.isbu-info.org/permalink/article_2008_dec_isbu_arch-draw-cad.htm

ISBU - Intermodal Steel Building Units Association.