Block Edit

johnengineer

I shouldn't imagine so, as when you edit a block, if it contains other blocks you are prompted to choose the block you require. I believe AutoCAD treats blocks as individual drawings, so the only option I can think of is to do it in multiple windows?

I'm not totoally sure what you are asking. But if you are asking if you can update all instances of a block in your drawing by editing it in the block editor, then yes thats exactly what it does.

I have a drawing with a ton of blocks. The lines within those blocks are not "bylayer." What would be the best way to change all the lines within those hundred blocks to "bylayer?" I am having to open up these blocks individually to do this which is very tedious.

Guest LElkins

Extract the dvb file from the zip.

Place the dvb anywhere that you want, on the server if more users need it. Then create a custom button and add the macro

^C^C-vbarun;"dvb location/BColor.dvb!BColor";

where dvb location is the path to the dvb file. Ensure that you use / rather than \ in the file path.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Note that this will set all entities, in ALL blocks in the drawings to be colored ByLayer.

Cheers

Guest LElkins

It is VBA, along the lines of lisp in the fact that it is a form of programming/scripting, but at the same time entirely different.

Glad I could help.

Cheers

there is also nuke.lsp which i use often. i think its downloadable from dotsoft.com. i only have it at work and i am at home right now.

I tried loading this file on another computer running CAD, but it gave me a fatal regarding Microsoft Basic Edition 2003. How do I resolve this?

• 7 months later...
Extract the dvb file from the zip.

Place the dvb anywhere that you want, on the server if more users need it. Then create a custom button and add the macro

^C^C-vbarun;"dvb location/BColor.dvb!BColor";

where dvb location is the path to the dvb file. Ensure that you use / rather than \ in the file path.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Note that this will set all entities, in ALL blocks in the drawings to be colored ByLayer.

Cheers

Please, can I get this file as wel...

Please, can I get this file as wel...

Note that Lelkins posted as a guest, and the file he refered to was added as an attachment to his post, that attachment has since been removed, so imo I think it's a slim chance you'll get the file. Sorry.