• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bolton78

• SLW210

• JeepMaster

• Ritch7

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LElkins

Type CUI, then go to the Partial CUI Files.

Select each of these and check that there is a correct file path in them, and not just the file name.

If any do not have a path, then run a search for the cui, unload the one you currently have listed in the Partial CUI Files, then load it using the correct path.

Cheers

Guest Alan Cullen

Yeah, as long as what he saved is what you want. But you can always change it from there. Just remember to save it.

Just grab his profile and re-set it.

He created one by mistake and now i lost all mine and only really need to get back the design,annotation etc in the top dropdowns,for weld symbols,steel shapes etc

If something is really screwed up with my AutoCAD, I use a feature in Windows to go back to the way I need my menus (read: look) to show up.

Click Start

Click All Programs

Look for and click on Accessories

Scroll to SystemTools

Click on System Restore

From there, pick the day before your co-worker screwed up your machine, and allow the system to go back to those settings. You might need to update some drivers or security patches, virus-control files, etc ... but you should be back to the way you want it to be.

Let me know if it works for ya.

Did you try _MENULOAD as suggested?

Once you get everything set up the way you like it, you need to save everything as a custom profile (Tools>Options>Profiles Tab or _OPTIONS on the command line and Profiles Tab.), then save a copy of that .arg file in a personal folder, then all you have to do is import the saved profile if someone messes with your machine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think "profiles" contains menu info in 2008. You need to save your CUI file. At least my custom menus are all loaded to my CUI. If I don't load my custom CUI, my menus won't show up eventhough I loaded my profile.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think "profiles" contains menu info in 2008. You need to save your CUI file. At least my custom menus are all loaded to my CUI. If I don't load my custom CUI, my menus won't show up eventhough I loaded my profile.

Yes and no.

1. I hope he has his cui file backed up.

2. If I get on your computer and load my profile, it will not load Menus that are not loaded in the CUI, but if I set up several profiles on my computer and some of them do not have all the custom menus at the top, the menus at the top will change as I change profiles. (I just checked this, I loaded the default profile that came with AutoCAD and my Custom menus went away, then reloaded my saved Profile and they came back.)

ok found out my workmate has added a profile by mistake.so how can i get it back to how it was?

If he had a saved profile, most things would be returned to the previous state. This now will have to be done with Windows Restore or by starting from scratch.

SLW210,

Ok, I see what you mean now. Eitherway you should back up your profiles and cui file anyways if you want autocad to work the same. I have tons of lisp loaded to my cui.

SLW210, do you actually use that many buttons!

SLW210,

Ok, I see what you mean now. Eitherway you should back up your profiles and cui file anyways if you want autocad to work the same. I have tons of lisp loaded to my cui.

SLW210, do you actually use that many buttons? I use keyboards for a lot of those functions.

Actually, I hardly ever use most of those buttons. If you look real close you will see they are mostly for 3D stuff. I need to work on reducing them. I use Right-Click and the keyboard and a few of those buttons when doing 3D stuff. Actually, since right now I am doing 2D stuff I should probably switch my workspace back to 2D. With 2 20" Monitors I still have plenty of screen. Just for you I will work on reducing my Buttons to just what I use. :D

Actually, I hardly ever use most of those buttons. If you look real close you will see they are mostly for 3D stuff. I need to work on reducing them. I use Right-Click and the keyboard and a few of those buttons when doing 3D stuff. Actually, since right now I am doing 2D stuff I should probably switch my workspace back to 2D. With 2 20" Monitors I still have plenty of screen. Just for you I will work on reducing my Buttons to just what I use. :D

I am jealous .. I only rate a pair of 19" screens to do my drawings :twisted:

You guys are talking about duo monitors, I only have 1 19" at work. I used to work with a guy that only use buttons. He has tons of toolbars and with properties and toolpalette on full time. His working space is like a 8" monitor. :)

You guys are talking about duo monitors, I only have 1 19" at work. I used to work with a guy that only use buttons. He has tons of toolbars and with properties and toolpalette on full time. His working space is like a 8" monitor. :)

The guy next to me is the same way, every available toolbar docked and a bunch of stuff floating. He only has one 20" monitor.

• 2 years later...