Z Co-ordinate - 'Flatten' command

TomC

I am working in an office that uses AutoCAd 2004 LT.

We often receive drawings from third parties that have Z co-ordinate information and as we are only using 2D it can cause a few problems when snapping to points.

I am inquiring if there is command or routine that can be incorporated into 2004 LT like the 'Flatten' command in 'Additional Tool' in full version of AutoCAD 2005 which converts all the Z values to 0.

Hi,

add this to you menu:

[FlattenAll]^C^C_UCS;;_move _all;;0,0,1e99;;_move _all;;0,0,-1e99;;_chprop;_all;;_thickness;0;;

This is a solution based on AutoCAD's "meager" (heh) calculus-abilities; if you move something far far up and then back down, the "small" elevationdifferences in elements tend to dissappear and everything is at 0 elevation.

HTH

Petri

• 1 month later...

i'm not sure if anyone still reads this thread, but i basically have a similar problem, except, being a bit dumb, i dont know how to load that code into a menu or anything. also, i'm on 2007 lt, so will it work?

Thanks

Add this part to a custom button. Name the button FlattenAll.

^C^C_UCS;;_move _all;;0,0,1e99;;_move _all;;0,0,-1e99;;_chprop;_all;;_thickness;0;;

• 3 years later...

i dont want the 1e99 location, it adds confusion. is there a way for all the coordinates getting to z=0 and not adding the 1e99?

i dont want the 1e99 location, it adds confusion. is there a way for all the coordinates getting to z=0 and not adding the 1e99?

Adds confusion to what?

The 1e99 is what makes it work so well.

well, some lines get at z=0 and some at 1e99. can you tell me the way to add just 0 instead of 1e99?

Use the QSELECT command to change all lines that have a Start Z value of 1e99. Then use the CHANGE command, Elevation option and set a value of "0". Done. Field tested just minutes ago.

I've never used LT, but do you have in your OPTIONS on the Drafting tab OBJECT SNAP OPTIONS? Typically for a problem like this I would just use the CHANGE command, properties, elevation, 0, enter twice.

z snap issue.JPG